[Adyen Web Client] App Store Rejected our application due to In App Purchase

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2018-07-16 by Armando Gomes
1 vote
Published on 2018-07-16 by Armando Gomes

Hey Armando,

We are using the Adyen Plugin for payment processing. In our app, we have subscription concept.

for that we have integrated Adyen web. When the user clicks for payment option we will navigate our users to our website, where they can make payments.

Recently we submitted our app in App Store for Update.

Our app got rejected due to the following reasons

"Our revamped Registration should clear 5.1.1, and 2.3.10 is easy to fix. The only issue is In-app Purchase.

Hello,

Thank you for providing information.

Regarding 3.1.1, we continue to notice your app is not in compliance with following App Store guidelines:

Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

We continue to notice that your app offers a subscription with a mechanism other than the in-app purchase API.

Specifically, there is a paid subscription within an app for membership in order to unlock other features.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to ensure that the subscription for products used within the app is offered using the in-app purchase API, with the exception of the content specified in guideline 3.1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines.

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage (see attachment)

Furthermore, we noticed that your app requires users to register with personal information that is not directly relevant to your app’s core functionality. Specifically, the following fields are required but do not appear to be directly relevant to your app’s core functionality:

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please either remove all required fields that are not relevant to the app or make those fields optional. Information requested during registration must be relevant to the features the app provides.

Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata (see attachment)

We found the app you submitted includes irrelevant third-party platform information. Specifically, Android references is mentioned in the binary.

Referencing third-party platforms in your app or its metadata is not permitted on the App Store.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove all instances of this information from your app and its metadata.

To edit in-app purchases:

- Click on "My Apps"
- Select your app
- Click on "Features" to view your in-app purchases
- Click on a Reference Name that is in Developer Action Needed status
- Click "Edit In-App Purchase Details"
- Click "Save"
- Once you've completed all changes, click the "Submit for Review" button at the top of the App Version Information page.

NOTE: When an in-app purchase is in "Developer Action Needed state," you must make some change to it before it can advance to Waiting for Review.

We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app. "

What do we need to do Further?

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hello Keerthi,

As stated via private message, the description provided by Apple is very accurate and enlightening. According to their guidelines, you need to offer the same buying capabilities with in-app purchases as you offer outside of the app.

Cheers,

Armando

Hello Keerthi,

You probably will not be able to use this service in your application in iOS, as the apple is strict not allowing 3rd party in-app payments.

From this topic, Armando's recommendation was to use a specific Cordova plugin: https://github.com/AlexDisler/cordova-plugin-inapppurchase

I don't think there is already a mobile plugin that implements this Cordova plugin, so you probably would have to create a plugin yourself.

Let's see if someone else has different information or can help you more.

Cheers.

@Eduardo Jauch 

Hi Eduardo,

First, thank you for your previous posts. I've been using OutSystems for several months and your posts have been extremely valuable.  So, Thank you. 

I agree with Armando and your assessment; an in-app purchase plugin is needed for a subscription model. I've had some challenges incorporating the plugin mentioned with it's complexity; specifically around the inputs and outputs. If someone has an example, or could create a forge component, I believe that'd be extremely useful for the community. 

I believe there was a espace example provided in the previous topic/thread; but it had only a portion of the plugin (get products) used.

Too add, I used the following lessons and material to use the Plugin mentioned.

1. Cordova Plugin MasterClass
  2. JavaScript and jQuery MasterClass
  3. Using Cordova Plugins  

Thanks,

Brad