Need to share a link in linkedIn (Mobile) how can I open the linkedIn app and share?

Hey,

So, I have to share a link in 3 social media platforms, facebook, twitter and linkedin

To share in facebook and twitter, I use a component called "SocialSharingPlugin", it opens the app and gets everything ready so I just need to click to share, unfortunately the component does not support linkedIn directy, it has a "Social Sharing" action where it opens the "Open with" windows on the phone, and from there I can share with linkedin, unfortunately, not what I need.

I need something that will directly open the linkedIn app and get the post ready to share, is there anything available I could use? Outsystems 10 btw

Thanks in advance.

Maybe this component can help you: Social Sharing

Matthias Preuter wrote:

Maybe this component can help you: Social Sharing

Hey Matthias, unfortunately it does not support linkedIn, only with the Open with Prompt, which is not what I need.

Thanks anyways!

Maybe this function can be added to this component? I think it is best to centralize functionality in 1 Forge component. I added a support question for this.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Ok; there is a problem with the used PhoneGap plugin

https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/SocialSharing-PhoneGap-Plugin/issues/501

So it could not be added for now.

This might help,

You can use Deeplinks to open applications

for linkedin, it would be linkedin://

On iOS, you can try typing that on safari, it will open the linkedin application

There probably is some parameter to open linkedin on the post screen, but i haven't found this parameter.

https://help.emplify.com/hc/en-us/articles/229307868-How-do-I-link-to-another-app-

Henrique Farias Pereira da Silva wrote:

This might help,

You can use Deeplinks to open applications

for linkedin, it would be linkedin://

On iOS, you can try typing that on safari, it will open the linkedin application

There probably is some parameter to open linkedin on the post screen, but i haven't found this parameter.

Hey, I am able to open the app, the problem is I can't redirect it to the share, from what I learnt, the share activity is private, so it is not possible to use in other apps.

Maybe you've seen it already, the  Social Sharing component wil be updated so you can share via LinkedIn (for Android).