Problem in TriggerPipeline forge application

Hello,

In the company i work , im trying to trigger jenkins pipelines when a new application version exists with Trigger Pipeline (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5670/trigger-pipeline), i can trigger the pipeline to the jenkins everything good there. 

But the problem comes when i added a validation to check automatically for a new version and self trigger the jenkins pipeline, so i added a timer in the service center for the TriggerPipeline application but nothing happens. The only way to self trigger the pipeline is going to LifeTime endpoint and create a new tag version manually like the file attachment above and by doing that with the timer in service center the pipeline runs automatically.

So my question is there is any way to publish an application and create a new tag version in LifeTime endpoint so the TriggerPipeline can run by itself??  The point of this is to publish the application and with the timer run the pipeline without doing this create tag version in lifetime manually.


 Thanks.

Hi,


If you have questions on a particular forge component, you are much better off posting the question on that component. If you do that, the team that is responsible for the component will get notified.

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi,


If you have questions on a particular forge component, you are much better off posting the question on that component. If you do that, the team that is responsible for the component will get notified.


This is many times written, but when checking the list of unanswered post it is mostly post posted to a component.

Yes, that's unfortunately true. However, a lot of unanswered questions in the general forum are also (misplaced) forge questions.

Solution

Hi João,

Thanks for reaching about your experience.

Although the component is working as designed (check more info here), I understand your point, and it is something we might consider to evolve this asset in the future.

Roughly, the component experience is: your developers after finishing a user story should go to LifeTime to tag the associated application, otherwise, you will trigger the pipeline on each 1-CP, where some/most of them are just to check your work and not assuming it as done. 

Please share your thoughts.


Cheers


Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi,


If you have questions on a particular forge component, you are much better off posting the question on that component. If you do that, the team that is responsible for the component will get notified.


This is many times written, but when checking the list of unanswered post it is mostly post posted to a component.

Hi i tried to post in the component and got no answers, that's why i posted in here.
Thanks


João Bento wrote:

Hi João,

Thanks for reaching about your experience.

Although the component is working as designed (check more info here), I understand your point, and it is something we might consider to evolve this asset in the future.

Roughly, the component experience is: your developers after finishing a user story should go to LifeTime to tag the associated application, otherwise, you will trigger the pipeline on each 1-CP, where some/most of them are just to check your work and not assuming it as done. 

Please share your thoughts.


Cheers


Hello João Bento,

Would be a cool feature if the LifeTime could reach the version in Service Center and update automatically, but i guess for now it must be done that way.

I will check the link you provided,

Thanks for the answer