[Local Storage] Is this component also applicable for Web Applications?

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 15 Jan by Paulo Cação
6 votes
Published on 15 Jan by Paulo Cação

I would like to implement the HTML 5 local storage feature for a web application.

For that purpose, this component looks like a strong candidate, though looking into the component and its sample, it appears this component is targeted only for Mobile Apps.

Can we use this component also for Web Application development? Are there any considerations or restrictions when we use it for that purpose?

Hi,

This component is only for mobile. I think what you are looking for is to create a PWA. Since last week you can build RWA and in next year Outsystems will let you delivery those RWA as PWA with local storage.

If you can wait maybe you can try and convert this component to use it on a RWA application.

Regards,

Marcelo

Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki wrote:

I would like to implement the HTML 5 local storage feature for a web application.

For that purpose, this component looks like a strong candidate, though looking into the component and its sample, it appears this component is targeted only for Mobile Apps.

Can we use this component also for Web Application development? Are there any considerations or restrictions when we use it for that purpose?

Hi Tsuyoshi,

In applications PWA or RWA, I think that you will not have any problem, because a lot of browsers supports Local Storage (!= websql). But, in PWA you need to do that in JS and is more complexity.

In RWA, we have the client actions and the mechanism of the plugin is similar in mobile apps (because use client actions). I need to do tests in RWA and if it is stable. If it is I will publish a new plugin for RWA.

Regards.

Hi Paulo and Marcelo,

Thank you for your clarification.

I will look into the possibility of using RWA in the future. For the meantime, I will consider to implement JS in the Traditional Web, or wait for the RWA support of this component.

Best regards,

Tsuyoshi

Hi Tsuyoshi,

I'm almost to publish the component to RWA :)

Hi Tsuyoshi,

The plugin  is now available to RWA applications: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/6978/local-storage-rwa

Best Regards