Is there an option to use service studio without install it?

Hello there!

I'm novice in OS development and I have some questions. The first one is: Is there anyway to use the service studio to study without install it? Thanks!

Hi Maurilo,

Welcome to the OutSystems community.

That option does not exists. But the install is very easy.

Also there is an option to have the new updates installed automatically.

If you work on enterprise environments of different major versions like v9 v10 and v11 you can have all of the service studios versions installed next to each other on the same computer.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you for you time, Daniel.

Hi Maurilio!

Welcome to the plataform!

I think no. You need install the service studio, But i like your idea. Could be a web application with the same functionalities, right? There is a tab called "Ideas". You could create this idea in this tab.

Yes, Thiago! Certainly its a great idea. I should to post it in this tab. 

Thiago Zuquinali wrote:

Hi Maurilio!

I think no. You need install the service studio, But i like your idea. Could be a web application with the same functionalities, right? There is a tab called "Ideas". You could create this idea in this tab.

OutSystems  has been working on a web version of service studio in the past. But they have stopped that development. So I don't think that will happen.

Also that idea is posted already multiple times one of them is here

https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/7190/online-service-studio-platform-which-runs-in-browser?IsFromAdvancedSearch=True

So rather than posting a new idea you should vote dto a exxisting idea un this case.

Great! I saw something about a web version in the past, but I didn't found nothing new, so I created this topic to ask about.  

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Thiago Zuquinali wrote:

Hi Maurilio!

OutSystems  has been working on a web version of service studio in the past. But they have stopped that development. So I don't think that will happen.

Also that idea is posted already multiple times one of them is here

https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/7190/online-service-studio-platform-which-runs-in-browser?IsFromAdvancedSearch=True

So rather than posting a new idea you should vote dto a exxisting idea un this case.

I tend to disagree with this. 

The competition (Mendix) already has a "light version" of their IDE web based, and in the last nextstep they talked about Experience Builder and Workflow Builder, which seemed to be browser based. Also it seems to keep pointing in the direction of the Citizen Developer, and for those it needs to be something web based.

I for one would really like to have something like this!

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

OutSystems  has been working on a web version of service studio in the past. But they have stopped that development. So I don't think that will happen.

Hermínio Mira wrote:

I tend to disagree with this. 

The competition (Mendix) already has a "light version" of their IDE web based, and in the last nextstep they talked about Experience Builder and Workflow Builder, which seemed to be browser based. Also it seems to keep pointing in the direction of the Citizen Developer, and for those it needs to be something web based.

I for one would really like to have something like this!

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Time will tell, of course it is nice if service studio is available on more platforms like for Mac and browsers.