[Amazon SQS Connector] Standard Type Support (not FIFO)

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 2019-10-15 by Guilherme Pereira
11 votes
Published on 2019-10-15 by Guilherme Pereira

Hello,

I was able to set up your module and create messages in a testing FIFO queue. Unfortunately, I must support sending messages to the standard queue type because of Lambda Triggers.

I noticed that the Sqs_SendMessage method has a required MessageGroupId which is used for FIFO queue.  But I don't see a way to send a message to a standard queue.

Does this module support sending messages to a standard queue? If so how can I create that message?

I really appreciate your assistance! 

Hi Thomas,

Have you tried sending with MessageGroupId as an empty string?

It should allow you to send to a standard queue.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Guilherme Pereira Thank you for the quick response! 

I did try that initially and got this error: "Value  for parameter MessageGroupId is invalid. Reason: The request include parameter that is not valid for this queue type."

Do you think there is something else I can pass in?

Solution

Hi Thomas,

You're right. It doesn't work but it's literraly a 5 min fix. I'll release a new version today as we're in the process of upgrading that component with new features.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Solution

Guilherme Pereira Thank you, sir!! 

I ended up editing the extension you wrote to check for an empty string before setting that property to get by for now. It works like a charm! Looking forward to your new version.

Hi Thomas,

That's pretty much it. Ive just released a new version with that fixed and also a couple of new features. I've marked as under dev for now but you can give it a go and let us know if you have any issues with it.

Cheers,

Guilherme