Download PDF
Question

How to download a part of the page as a PDF file?

I have an HTML page, how to extract one of the divs and download it as a PDF file?

kong dejing wrote:

I have an HTML page, how to extract one of the divs and download it as a PDF file?

Hi,

Could you specify if you're working on a traditional web app or a reactive web app?

Kind regards,
Glenn

glenn michiels wrote:

kong dejing wrote:

Hi,

Could you specify if you're working on a traditional web app or a reactive web app?

Kind regards,
Glenn

a traditional web app

kong dejing wrote:

glenn michiels wrote:

kong dejing wrote:

Hi,

Kind regards,
Glenn

a traditional web app

For traditional web apps you should use one of the forge components.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/209/html2pdfconverter

Or

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5641/ultimate-pdf

Would be able to do what you require.

Kind regards,
Glenn

You need to make the page "public", and then you can use  forge components like HTMLToPDFConverter.

Or run script "print_current_page()"  to use the "Print" functionality from the browser.

Nikolai Kaplin wrote:

You need to make the page "public", and then you can use  forge components like HTMLToPDFConverter.

Or run script "print_current_page()"  to use the "Print" functionality from the browser.

Thank you very much for your reply. But it doesn't solve my problem.

kong dejing wrote:

Nikolai Kaplin wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. But it doesn't solve my problem.

If you want download only a part, you can create empty page with nessesary content.
Or buid extension ( create  pdf from one part of the page ).

Nikolai Kaplin wrote:

How do I use this script?

Rodrigo Lima wrote:

Nikolai Kaplin wrote:

How do I use this script?

It is the same as you press ctrl+p. Run script and you can see such modal

Hi Kong,

Why not create the part of the page that interests you in a new screen in anonymous mode.
So whenever you want to download pdf you just have to convert these anonymous screen to pdf using HTMLTOPDF.

I hope it helps :)

Hi Kong,

You can use HTMLtoPDF converter or ultimate PDF component. Both can be used in reactive application. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.