[BDDFramework] Support for Mobile Apps

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 2019-12-02 by João Proença
23 votes
Published on 2019-12-02 by João Proença

I read here that the BDDFramework supports testing for "the Server component of Mobile apps"... which implies it doesn't support testing client\device side functions of mobile apps.  This would be a nice feature to have.

The BDDFramework component can be used for Web and Service Applications, the Server component of Mobile apps, as well as REST and SOAP APIs. It’s comparable to frameworks in other technologies, such as Cucumber, JBehave or SpecFlow. You can use the BDDFramework with different purposes and goals in mind, depending on what you need for your specific contexts. In this article we will show you how to build your first automated test scenario in a Web Application available in the OutSystems Forge.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1201/bddframework

Will be a nive feature to have.

Hi folks, waking up this thread again. I just came out of a recent Reactive Web App project where we extensively and successfully used BDDFramework for the above mentioned approaches. Nevertheless, I would still challenge its usage for testing Reactive/Mobile Client Actions... if only we could make its asynchronous page rendering work with BDD Scenario and Steps... any ideas?