[Trigger Pipeline] [TriggerPipeline] Empty Information From LifeTime

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2019-12-18 by Rui Mendes
2 votes
Published on 2019-12-18 by Rui Mendes

Hi,

After installing the TriggerPipeline, on the Configuration page, my `Source Environment` is empty. And when I tried to create a new Pipeline Trigger, my list of Applications is empty. Not sure what went wrong here. 

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,

The combo box that you mention is fed directly by the Environment_List action (from the LifeTimeSDK module), which returns the list of Environments registered in LifeTime.

Did you have any environments registered in LifeTime by the time you reported this error? Do you have any error log entries related with this issue that you can share?

Best regards,

Rui Mendes

Hi Rui,

Yes, I do have 4 environments in LifeTime and plenty of applications in the Development environment.

I do face an error on step 2 of installation of LifeTime SDK, which I'm not sure if that is the root cause of the issue.

When I clicked on "Export Sample Data", it always throws an error. In the Service Center's monitoring, the message is:

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "OSFRK_OSLTM_STAGINGAPPVERSION_OSLTM_APPLICATIONVERSION_SOURCEAPPLICATIONVERSIONID". The conflict occurred in database "OSDEV1", table "dbo.OSLTM_APPLICATIONVERSION", column 'ID'.
The statement has been terminated.

Please let me know if you have any insights on this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Eugene

Hi Eugene,

You need to install the Trigger Pipeline plugin in your LifeTime environment as described in this guide.

Installing the LifeTime SDK in Development (and exporting LifeTime data as sample data) is only required if you're planning to develop or test new plugin versions.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Rui Mendes

Hi Rui,

The link that you sent is to deploy Trigger Pipeline plugin to Production right? I am currently only working on the Development environment and I already have Trigger Pipeline installed (through Forge) in the Development environment. Unless I am missing something here. Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,
Eugene

Solution

Hi Eugene,

The Production environment for LifeTime plugins in the environment where LifeTime is running (it should be a dedicated one).

In order to install a LifeTime plugin such as the Trigger Pipeline, you need to go to the Service Center console of your LifeTime environment (https://<LifeTimeHostname>/ServiceCenter) and publish the application pack (.oap) that you can download from the Forge website.

In order to deploy anything to your LifeTime environment, you'll need to have the appropriate deployment permissions set in the Service Center console of the LifeTime environment (because this environment is not managed by LifeTime himself).

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Rui Mendes

Solution

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the explanation. I have finally understood how to install it correctly!

Cheers,
Eugene