[Search and Autocomplete] Autocomplete selection: Help needed!

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 24 Mar by Leonardo Fernandes
24 votes
Published on 24 Mar by Leonardo Fernandes

Hello!

I´ve tried to use Your plugin Autocomplete! It is a great solution, but I cannot do one simple thing. If i am searching from the database, it shows me the results, but I´d like to use that result as a value. How to do that?

Expample: I have Autocomplete field in Projects, to find the customer. If i am typing, I find the right one, now I´d like to use that value as customer.

Kind regards

Vemp!

vemp temp wrote:

Hello!

I´ve tried to use Your plugin Autocomplete! It is a great solution, but I cannot do one simple thing. If i am searching from the database, it shows me the results, but I´d like to use that result as a value. How to do that?

Expample: I have Autocomplete field in Projects, to find the customer. If i am typing, I find the right one, now I´d like to use that value as customer.

Kind regards

Vemp!

Hello,

When you are saying "use the value as customer" are you refering to the CustomerId?

Can you give a little bit more insite of what you are trying to do and the problem you are facing.

kind regards,

Hugo

Hugo Antunes wrote:

vemp temp wrote:

Hello!

Kind regards

Vemp!

Hello,

When you are saying "use the value as customer" are you refering to the CustomerId?

Can you give a little bit more insite of what you are trying to do and the problem you are facing.

kind regards,

Hugo

Yes, thats true! I need to get CustomerId. I need to search for customer and when i am clicking on the result, it fills customerId. At the moment I created input and webblock and it searches after typing, but probably i need add some sort of screen action and link it to my listrecords onClickAction. Just I do not know how to build that screen action properly.

Hi @vemp temp 

Here i am going to give solution for auto completion

I created Sample Example for auto completion please take a look this may be help you

here in this example in input widget bind with auto complete rich widget

here is detail explanation

input widget

Auto complete rich widget properties , here in the rich widget properties pass the input widget id 

In the destination create new screen action 

its look something like this 

In the above flow ,  

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Input_AutoComplete_ShowList 

you need to choose which value you want to display in the input widget in ur application, for example  i am displaying movie title in the auto complete 

final result look like this 

when you selected value form the auto complete filters the table

I hope this helps you,

Thank you,

Regards,

Srinivas Singadi

vemp temp wrote:

Hugo Antunes wrote:

vemp temp wrote:

Hello!

Kind regards

Vemp!

Hello,

kind regards,

Hugo

Yes, thats true! I need to get CustomerId. I need to search for customer and when i am clicking on the result, it fills customerId. At the moment I created input and webblock and it searches after typing, but probably i need add some sort of screen action and link it to my listrecords onClickAction. Just I do not know how to build that screen action properly.

At the OnNotify of the autoComplete widget you can set a screen action where you can get the Identifier by using the action shown bellow.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Hi, @Srinivas K Singadi and @Hugo Antunes!

The solution You are reffering to is with Autocomplete Richwidget. Somehow I do not have it in my environment and I do not know how to get it.

So this is the reason I am using plugin from forge: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/494/search-and-autocomplete

Unfortunately my environment does not have Autocomplete Server actions, that is the main reason, why i started asking!

Vemp Temp, can you not add the server actions from the dependencies?

Go to Manage Dependencies (click on the plug icon) and then just select these actions under the RichWidgets component.

Hi, @Hanno!

Thanks for the reply. I following ServerActions availiable:

I suppose, that it should be "Open" action?! But how to finish that, av got no idea! It shows list when i´m typing, but I cannot select anything from the list. 

Right, I getting bit confused now! Everybody are referring to Richwidgets component, but where is mine then? 

You have to add the actions as references if they are not visible in your project.

If you are not sure what I am referring to, please see this link that explains with a few images: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/44153/how-can-i-add-or-create-reference/#Post159687

vemp temp wrote:

Hi, @Srinivas K Singadi and @Hugo Antunes!

The solution You are reffering to is with Autocomplete Richwidget. Somehow I do not have it in my environment and I do not know how to get it.

So this is the reason I am using plugin from forge: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/494/search-and-autocomplete

Unfortunately my environment does not have Autocomplete Server actions, that is the main reason, why i started asking!

Have you tried to do this?

Kind regards,

Hugo

Hi!

Right! You helped me out with autocomplete solution! I can see it now and can search the customers, but if I try to save editable table, then that field stays empty! What am i doing wrong?

Hi!

Bit more detailed explanation now:

If i am searching everything is fine, I can find what I am searching:

View after search:

But after I save:

My save action looks like that: