Hello,

We are attempting to test our application, but we are having issues when trying to download the app to IPads.  

We have generated the mobile app for Apple (we have a Development certificate through Apple Developer, all of the devices that we are testing on have been added to the provisioning profile). When using the QR code on an IPad, the link opens in Safari and looks like this: 

After clicking on "Get for Apple", we are prompted to download the .ipa:

After clicking download, the .ipa downloads, but does not install: 

We have never had issues downloading to these devices before. In fact, the app was on the IPads and working earlier this morning, but we uninstalled in order to delete the local data. In the past, when the QR code was scanned and the link was opened in Safari, it would just say "Get" and then a window would appear where we could click "Install."

Another thing to note, we do test on one IPhone, and this device was able to download and install the app like normal. 

Is anyone else having a similar issue? How can we resolve this?

Hello Kate.

There are typically two types of issues when installing an app on iOS:

1. The server ssl certificate is not valid/correct. In this case, iOS will show the message with "unable to download the app". Are you able to download the app on the other device? Did you added the ssl certificate to the iPhone and not the iPad?
  2. The certificate and profile used to sign the app is not valid for the device (e.g.: built with a development profile that specifies the devices allowed to used the app and the device is not registered). In this case, iOS will start the download but then will either state "cannot install the app" or simply show the icon as installing and never end.

Your case seems to be the first one. Check if the server certificate is valid for the domain and if the iPad is trusting it.

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Seeing exactly the same issue i wonder if it is an IpadOS compatibility issue.  Here is my note from yesterday

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/54401/ipad-os-and-installing-apps-adhoc-and-developer/

I think it is time to raise a ticket.  I'll get one done.

Kate,

Have raised a ticket  #2269237

Paul Davies wrote:

Kate,

Have raised a ticket  #2269237

Thanks Paul. 

Solution

Paul Davies wrote:

Seeing exactly the same issue i wonder if it is an IpadOS compatibility issue.  Here is my note from yesterday

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/54401/ipad-os-and-installing-apps-adhoc-and-developer/

Paul - 

We were able to figure it out. If you go to your IPad Settings > Safari > Request Desktop Website and then turn off "All Websites", then you will be able to download and install the app like normal. Not sure why this changed with the newest iOS, but at least it gets us moving. 

Solution

Kate Capeneka wrote:

Paul Davies wrote:

Paul - 

We were able to figure it out. If you go to your IPad Settings > Safari > Request Desktop Website and then turn off "All Websites", then you will be able to download and install the app like normal. Not sure why this changed with the newest iOS, but at least it gets us moving. 

Works like a charm.  How did that ever occur to you as the issue??

Thanks

Paul Davies wrote:

Kate Capeneka wrote:

Paul Davies wrote:

Paul - 

Works like a charm.  How did that ever occur to you as the issue??

Thanks

We spent a couple hours trying some different things with the Ipads. One of my teammates noticed that when he went to get the UDID off of his iPad, that the site was different on the iPad than it was on his iPhone. So he figured that it was a Safari setting because the site looked correct in Chrome. Once that site looked correct, he figured it might be the same for the download link from Outsystems. All that time for one little thing!

Glad it's working for you!