I'm trying to use the Auth0 Web Connector component in forge.

Has anyone used this component and know how to configure it?

Thanks!

What specifically you need Sylvia?

The configuration steps are already mentioned in the overview of the component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5075/auth0-web-connector 

Are you facing any trouble?

Hi Sylvia,

please check this documentation:

Auth0 Web Connector vs IdP

The IdP component in the Forge is great!  You can use both of these components to authenticate to Auth0, however they differ in protocol - IdP uses SAML 2.0, where as this component uses OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0.  With this component, you can use the Access Token provided by Auth0 to invoke OAuth2.0 protected services.

OutSystems

Re-usable component to enable authentication via Auth0.  To use:

1. Update the Security Exception sequence in your OnException to call GetRedirectURL
    1. Pass the component your Auth0 domain, client id, client secret, and the page the user is requesting (e.g. with GetBookmarkableURL())
    2. Optionally, add any additional scopes your application may need, or specify any connections to external authentication systems, e.g. GitHub
  2. Redirect the user to the result of GetRedirectURL

Example:

Auth0

Within Auth0, create an application and configure it as such:

• Application Type: Regular Web Application
  • Token Endpoint Authentication Method: Post
  • Allowed Callback URLs: https://OUTSYSTEMS_DOMAIN/Auth0WebConnector/OAuth2Callback.aspx

Cheers,

Nuno Verdasca

sylvia Able wrote:

I'm trying to use the Auth0 Web Connector component in forge.

Has anyone used this component and know how to configure it?

Thanks!

Hey Sylvia,

That is my component, what troubles are you facing?

Thank you all for responding.  I want to use OpenId Connect.  I have a very simple one-screen reactive web application that I'm trying to get this to work with.  I have added the dependency for "Auth0WebConnector".

I have set the security exception up as explained in the documentation:

Here's my settings:

When I run the application, it never prompts me for anything...it just displays my page as though I am authorized...which I should be.  I would like to be able to get the user's name back in the employeeInfo; I'm not sure how to do that.

But I don't really think this is working because I decided to debug and step through to see what its doing...  I put a breakpoint on the GetRedirectURL and ran in debug.  I get an error:

When I read the documentation, I'm not sure what this means:

I created a REACTIVE web app, but I don't know where to set the Token Endpoint Authentication Method and the Allowed Callback URLs...

So, that's where I am....  Thanks again for your response!

sylvia Able wrote:

Thank you all for responding.  I want to use OpenId Connect.  I have a very simple one-screen reactive web application that I'm trying to get this to work with.  I have added the dependency for "Auth0WebConnector".

I have set the security exception up as explained in the documentation:

Here's my settings:

When I run the application, it never prompts me for anything...it just displays my page as though I am authorized...which I should be.  I would like to be able to get the user's name back in the employeeInfo; I'm not sure how to do that.

But I don't really think this is working because I decided to debug and step through to see what its doing...  I put a breakpoint on the GetRedirectURL and ran in debug.  I get an error:

When I read the documentation, I'm not sure what this means:

I created a REACTIVE web app, but I don't know where to set the Token Endpoint Authentication Method and the Allowed Callback URLs...

So, that's where I am....  Thanks again for your response!

One more thing to add here.  I have to admit that I am not very knowledgeable about security protocols, etc.  When I talk to my security folks, they say that these are the protocols that we support:  OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0....we do NOT use the Auth0 provider.  

I want to implement OpenID Connect.  So, I need help in understanding how to configure this component for OpenID Connect.

Thanks again for any help you can provide!