Help: ServiceCenter ConfigurationError

Hi,

trying to access localhost\ServiceCenter is returning the following Configuration Error:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The remote computer refused the network connection.)

Source Error:

Line 50:     <sessionState cookieless="false" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true" mode="Custom" customProvider="OutSystemsSessionProvider">
Line 51:       <providers>
Line 52:         <add name="OutSystemsSessionProvider" type="OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore" />
Line 53:       </providers>
Line 54:     </sessionState>

This started happening after front-end server auto rebooted because of Windows OS updates enforced. 

Can anyone help, please.

Agno Silveira wrote:

Hi Nuno,

Check if this case help you.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/8725/re-problem-connecting-local-host/

Regards.

Did not help. May this be something wrong at Database? Some lock or something. Other FE and Controller are working fine.

Hi Nuno,

It seems like the server cannot connect to the database server somehow.
Open up Configuration Tool on the server and test the connection to your Database Server. If you can’t connect, check your firewall rules and make sure the connection is allowed.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Nuno,

It seems like the server cannot connect to the database server somehow.
Open up Configuration Tool on the server and test the connection to your Database Server. If you can’t connect, check your firewall rules and make sure the connection is allowed.

Regards,

Nordin

That's not it. It checks fine. "Test connection succeeded" for all test buttons.

I am getting these errors in IIS log:

2019-12-11 18:01:45 127.0.0.1 GET /ServiceCenter/OsISAPIConf.aspx - 80 - 127.0.0.1 - - 500 0 0 27933
2019-12-11 18:01:45 <disclosed IP> GET /ServiceCenter/_ping.aspx - 80 -
 - - 302 0 64 87940

Hi Nuno,

Do you by any chance have SEO rules and deployment zones setup with regard to Service Center?

Have a look at this post and see if the solutions mentioned there can help you. Otherwise, I’d contact OutSystems support for this.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I will check that. However, i am turning to some DB issue. I am opening a case in Outsystems support to check it out. I will post the result.

Hi Nuno,

Could you verify if there are no firewall rules that may be blocking the expected network traffic? 

Windows updates shouldn't by default change your firewall settings, unless there are policies within your environments that could have pushed down these changes.

I hope this narrows down the root cause for you.

Thanks & regards,

Boney

Hi Nuno,

Please make a Support Ticket. I hope this will resolve fast. This kind of issue can be solved by Support easily.

I hope this will be resolve,

Thank you,

Sudip

Solution

Hi all,

After a reboot of the Controller machine, the issue stopped.

So there may have been a lock somewhere between the controller and the database that caused the issue.

If the issue happens again we will go with Sudip's suggestion to further dig the cause of this.  

Solution: for me, the solution was restarting the controller.

Thank you for all the messages.

Solution