Trying to implement a real time face recognition feature in an android app. A user would enroll once and then the user needs to be authenticated on real time basis using this face recognition feature. 

Have checked multiple forge components but most of them work with images and not real-time. 

Appreciate any pointers. 

Cheers

Yet there is no free service of face authentication as your requirement.Even there is no cordova plugin build.

But it is possible by using following 

https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition

https://konghq.com/blog/list-of-10-face-detection-recognition-apis/

First try to build in Android native, then create your own cordova plugin by integrating your native code .

After this, integrate your cordova plugin in your application .

To build these ,you must have knowledge of Cordova and Android development. 

Please do let me know if you required any help.

Hi Tushar,

If you want something similar to iPhone's FaceID, I don't think there currently are any Cordova implementations for the "brand new" Android 10/Q Face Authentication API... up until now, each vendor would have their own implementations.

Hi Jorge,

Heard that Touch ID also works for Face Authentication, but in my case it is not working for face authentication.

It is working only for fingerprint authentication.

Any help from any one is highly appreciated in this regard so that I can login smoothly into my mobile application through face id.

Hi Irfan,

As of now ,face-id is only supported in IOS but not in Android .

Vivek Patel wrote:

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for prompt reply Vivek, Just to confirm can I use touch ID plugin for faceID authentication in IOS?

If yes, please check the client action attached which I used in my application. If there is necessity to do any changes in it, please let me know.

Hi Irfan,

if you have a device supporting FaceID (iPhone X, Xs, Xr, 11 or 11 Pro; iPad Pro 12.9” 3rd Gen or Pro 11”) it should be automatically use FaceID (these devices do not support TouchID). iOS handles this directly at the operating system level as far as I know.

What is the behavior you are  observing when you run your application on such a device?

Hi Jorge,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

OutSystems is not available through App Store.

Hence I downloaded it through the testFlight, which downloads the beta version of the OutSystems.

When I am trying to test the app, it is crashing.

Can you please let me know, is there any way to get it tested in iPhone X and later versions?

Irfan wrote:

Vivek Patel wrote:

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for prompt reply Vivek, Just to confirm can I use touch ID plugin for faceID authentication in IOS?

If yes, please check the client action attached which I used in my application. If there is necessity to do any changes in it, please let me know.

For android it will take fingerprint authentication and for IOS face authentication.So ,I think you are going to correct path .

Irfan wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Hence I downloaded it through the testFlight, which downloads the beta version of the OutSystems.

Can you please let me know, is there any way to get it tested in iPhone X and later versions?

If you want to test app in iphone then you need to have developer account and then you have to create a certificates ,which will be used to generate IPA . 

Vivek Patel wrote:

Irfan wrote:

Hi Jorge,

If you want to test app in iphone then you need to have developer account and then you have to create a certificates ,which will be used to generate IPA . 

Thank you Vivek!

Irfan wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Hi Irfan,

If the TestFlight version is crashing, please report that to OutSystems (the app is not in beta, it's just a temporary workaround for a limitation recently enforced by Apple's App Store policies).

In any case, moving forward, I believe the direction will be generating a PWA to address the scenarios where you would currently want to use OutSystems Now (check this post).

If you need to test your iOS applications and they use plugins not supported by OutSystems Now (or not available as Web APIs for PWA) you still need to generate the native applications and install them directly on your devices (be them iOS or Android).

For iOS, generating a native app always requires a paid Apple Developer Account, for Android you can generate Debug versions without any certificate.

Hope this clarifies!