How can I play a video inside a carousel that contains a list of images and videos and make the carousel loop/navigate to the next item only after the video finishes ?

Sounds like you'll need quite a bit of javascript interaction to make this one work. 

Is this web or mobile?

Have you read this bit of the documentation?

Hello Mariano, 

Sorry for the late reply, its a Web Application and i was trying to add a little javascript code to validate that the video ended but it didn't work for me, so i would really appreciate your help 


I don't know if it's for what you want, but you've tried this component:

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

I tried to look for some information, and I think this forum response can help you:

Video inside slider play pause

Cheers,
Nuno

Aya Ali wrote:

Hello Mariano, 

Sorry for the late reply, its a Web Application and i was trying to add a little javascript code to validate that the video ended but it didn't work for me, so i would really appreciate your help 


This should help out: 


https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2741493/detect-when-an-html5-video-finishes

Mariano Picco wrote:

Aya Ali wrote:

Hello Mariano, 

Sorry for the late reply, its a Web Application and i was trying to add a little javascript code to validate that the video ended but it didn't work for me, so i would really appreciate your help 


This should help out: 


https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2741493/detect-when-an-html5-video-finishes

i tried that solution before but i got an error "cannot read addeventlistener of null" which means that he can't find the video element by Id, any solution ?


Aya Ali wrote:

Mariano Picco wrote:

Aya Ali wrote:

Hello Mariano, 

Sorry for the late reply, its a Web Application and i was trying to add a little javascript code to validate that the video ended but it didn't work for me, so i would really appreciate your help 


This should help out: 


https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2741493/detect-when-an-html5-video-finishes

i tried that solution before but i got an error "cannot read addeventlistener of null" which means that he can't find the video element by Id, any solution ?



Try your javascript on the browser's developer tools console first before you try to use it in OutSystems and only port it in when you can check it's working. 

In this instance, whichever selector you're using seems to not be grabbing the correct element (the <video> element).

Maybe if you attach an .oml with an example?


Edit: 

I added an attachment with a very simple .rar file which shows the behaviour you're looking for (contains a simple html file and a sample mp4 video file).