Hello,

My team is trying to install Platform Server (ver. 11.7.2) on our on-premise server referring to this page as our installation reference. We got the Platform Server to work initially (i.e. we were able to access ServiceCenter) but upon installing LifeTime Management Console (ver. 11.4.0), we stumbled upon what we assume to be version incompatibility problem (refer to attached picture), and we weren't able to access Service Center.

Some solutions that we have tried:

1. Installing Platform Server with versions less than 11.4.0

2. Re-installing Outsystems (Platform Server & LifeTime) by using only LifeTime installer instead of 2 separate installers.

What would be the recommended solution to overcoming the version problem that we have?

Thank You

Hi Yosua,

I think it would be best to open a ticket with OutSystems Support for this. 

If this is some kind of bug, they need to be made aware of this ASAP so they can fix it. And if not, they would be able to help you solve your issue very quickly.

Regards,

Nordin

Hello

I think that you are trying to install LifeTime in the same catalog then Platform server environment.

They MUST be different Catalogs.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Silva

Eduardo Silva wrote:

Hello

I think that you are trying to install LifeTime in the same catalog then Platform server environment.

They MUST be different Catalogs.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Silva

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the input. We would like to know if Catalog do you mean that LifeTime and Platform Server have to be installed in 2 different servers?

Thank You for the replies!

Hi Eduardo and Yosua,

@Eduardo:

The only requirement for the installation of OutSystems Platform Server 11 is to install LifeTime in a dedicated environment, meaning you cannot install LifeTime on an existing environment (like DEV, TST or PROD) anymore. With the previous OutSystems 10 platform this was possible, but not anymore.

Dedicated LifeTime environment:

@Yosua:

Make sure LifeTime is installed in a dedicated environment. All other prerequisites in order to install LifeTime correctly are in this documentation. Make sure you perform all the steps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hello,

A little update on the process, we have provided a new server dedicated to deploying LifeTime console and followed LifeTime's installation checklist. However after completing the checklist, we are still unable to access both localhost/lifetime or localhost/ServiceCenter, as was suggested by the configuration article. Any ideas as to how we can gain access to ServiceCenter or LifeTime?

Thank You

Hi Yosua,

Since you could not access Service Center, I assume you haven't uploaded and published the LifeTime solution from the Platform Server folder yet right?

Second, are you trying to access http://localhost/ServiceCenter on your dedicated LifeTime server itself?

Because if you're not, you should log in on the server itself, before you are able to use localhost.

Otherwise, if you are accessing the LT server from within its same LAN, you should use the hostname of the LifeTime server, for example: MyLifetimeServerHostname/ServiceCenter.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hello everyone,

We have finally solved the problems! I will try to elaborate the solutions that we have worked out for future references.

1. The reason why we had an upgrade schema problem (refer to the very first question that I posted) was because we had installed Platform Server and LifeTime Management Console to 2 different servers while having SQL database installed at a different server. The Platform Server and LifeTime were both connected to the same SQL database as opposed to the scheme that is proposed here. As a result various conflicts occurred. A fix to this problem can be found here.

2. The second problem that we had revolved around LifeTime's installation checklist. It was caused due to a huge misunderstanding on our part since we were under the impression that the checklist served as checklists for all the environments. Simply follow each step in the LifeTime checklist and you should be able to get LifeTime platform on the go.

Lastly, I would like to thank Nordin and Eduardo for answering!

Cheers,

Yosua

Solution