Views
Comments
Solved
SEO Friendly URLs not supported with Reactive Web Apps?

Hi,

Does anyone know if SEO Friendly URLs don't work with Reactive Web modules?

In Create Site Rule on Root Application just appear Non-Reactive Modules.

Its a Bug or is not supported

Thanks.

Solution

Hi Marcior,

A temporary workaround was also mentioned:

To be able to use 'nice' url's, e.g. when you've got a publically accessible website, you can create a normal web-application that you can use the SEO URL's on. Under the hood you can navigate the user to the correct page in your reactive app.

Regards,
Lennart

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Marcior,

You are correct they are (not yet) supported for Reactive Web Applications.

This was mentioned on the Dutch OutSystems Meetup las Thursday by OutSystems.

So it is not a bug, it is not supported.

See also the below post from Tiago Simões (OutSystems).

Regards,

Daniel

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Marcior,

A temporary workaround was also mentioned:

To be able to use 'nice' url's, e.g. when you've got a publically accessible website, you can create a normal web-application that you can use the SEO URL's on. Under the hood you can navigate the user to the correct page in your reactive app.

Regards,
Lennart

Staff

Hi Bruce,

We have plans to address that soon, for now you can only use redirects.(BTW, there are other workarounds, like using JavaScript History.pushState(), but they are challenging). 

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Bumping this thread as it's all I've been able to find...

We rely heavily on SEO urls for our public facing pages, and redirect entire domains to specific pages on specific applications, which cannot be done within React any more.
(And further, it throws the user outside of the domain they came in on, which compounds the confusion of the non-user friendly URLs)

Is there an updated ETA? This big push toward React doesn't seem likely to work well when established features are missing.

For others who are coming across this looking for the same information, I also created an Idea post to get more visibility to this oversight.

https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/8909/seo-urls-in-reactive-web-applications

mvp_badge
MVP

Just be patient you guys. I’m sure the R&D team at OutSystems is working very hard to develop this feature for Reactive Web Applications.

Already, with the latest Platform Server 11.8.0 release, an impressive list of features were added, including a few important features for Reactive Web Apps.

Let’s give them the space to develop the SEO feature and I’m sure we will see it released soon.

Regards,

Nordin

Staff

Hi Bruce, Braxton,

We are currently working on improving multilingual support for reactive apps. Emails and SEO should come after that, we still do not have an ETA. 

In the meantime it's possible to redirect to different reactive apps depending on the domain, by using a SEO Friendly SEO rules in Service Center and a traditional web app acting as a broker (i.e. on the preparation of the traditional web default screen redirect to the reactive app, and you'll get something similar to when you navigate to http://www.apple.pt/ and are redirected to https://www.apple.com/pt/). Besides this workaround for site rules, redirect rules should also work.

If you are available we'll probably also get in touch with you both (and others in this thread) next week so we can understand your exact requirements. That can also help us determine how to better implement this feature in reactive.

Thanks,
Tiago Simões 

Staff

Hi all,

Just to make sure the workaround for site rules is properly documented, as I've seen some confusion around it.

1 - You need to create a traditional web app, that on the default screen redirects to your reactive app:

2 - You need to create a site rule to redirect to that traditional app:

Of course that means that anyone that goes to www.mycompany.com will be redirected to www.mycompany.com/MyReactiveApp/ and you might not want this redirect. In that case you'll still have to wait while we implement this. But for several customers this might be a good enough workaround for now.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões