scroll to specific element/top of page

Hi,

In a traditional web, i'm trying to scroll to top of a specific element after a submit using Ajax submit, so here's what I tried but it is not scrolling.

Hi Abeer,

Can you share the sample oml?

Regards,

MJ

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Hi,

In a traditional web, i'm trying to scroll to top of a specific element after a submit using Ajax submit, so here's what I tried but it is not scrolling.

Hi Abeer ElAssal,

Refer the below link, it may help you

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/28324/click-on-button-and-will-bring-you-to-the-specific-part-of-the-page-on-the-same-p/#Post147829

Regards,

Ellakkiya

Ellakkiya Selvadurai wrote:

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Hi,

Hi Abeer ElAssal,

Refer the below link, it may help you

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/28324/click-on-button-and-will-bring-you-to-the-specific-part-of-the-page-on-the-same-p/#Post147829

Regards,

Ellakkiya

Hi,

I checked it and tried this option but not working propebly, it navigates to end of desired container not top of it.

Is there any other way using Javascript of html?

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Abeer,

Can you share the sample oml?

Regards,

MJ

the oml is really big, it's the project all. will try to create another project and share it with you.

Hi Abeer ElAssal,

You can use the action ScrollToElement from OutSystems UI Web, in the Utilities folder.

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Solution

Hey all,

Abeer, I understand you kind of want to have some quick answer, but please be patient (no need to revive a few years old thread right?)

Either way, it's also a shame that people immediately ask for an OML instead of providing a solution.
Take a look:

Also, it's best to use outsystems without the use of javascript (using alot of code kinda defeats the purpose of outsystems), though I can imagine having the requirement to do some extra special out of the box stuff.
In this case I highly recommend you checking out some courses (codecademy for example) to learn some more about javascript, bad coding will lead to bad websites, there's no shame in learning new stuff.

Anyways, hope this helps you out on your quest.

Solution

Bernardo Cardoso wrote:

Hi Abeer ElAssal,

You can use the action ScrollToElement from OutSystems UI Web, in the Utilities folder.

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Thanks a lot, it works.

Well i'm trying to find the answer somewhere else if someone posted same problem before. anyway, thanks a lot it works fine now. will do so, thanks for the advise.

Bernardo Cardoso wrote:

Hi Abeer ElAssal,

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Is there a similar component in Mobile?

Thanks! 

Joey Moree wrote:

Hey all,

Abeer, I understand you kind of want to have some quick answer, but please be patient (no need to revive a few years old thread right?)

Either way, it's also a shame that people immediately ask for an OML instead of providing a solution.
Take a look:

Also, it's best to use outsystems without the use of javascript (using alot of code kinda defeats the purpose of outsystems), though I can imagine having the requirement to do some extra special out of the box stuff.
In this case I highly recommend you checking out some courses (codecademy for example) to learn some more about javascript, bad coding will lead to bad websites, there's no shame in learning new stuff.

Anyways, hope this helps you out on your quest.

Hi Joey, 

I have a problem with this widget, please can you see my post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/60002/scroll-to-elements-issue/

Thanks,

Asha