Forge Component
(22)
Published on 2019-10-18 by OutSystems R&D
22 votes
Published on 2019-10-18 by OutSystems R&D

Hi
I am testing the plug-in with a PWA application and I get the error "Cordova is not available", is it necessary to make any special configuration in the module? Maybe add it as "Extensibility Configuration" or something similar? How do you do this ?

As far as I understand it, It won't work unless the plugin was made to have browser support.

Interesting topic, hopefully more people will comment

Solution

Hello,

I'm with Filipe, unless the plugin supports browser it shouldn't work, some plugins you can use if you use something like ionic, see link bellow for example.

https://forum.ionicframework.com/t/pwa-how-to-access-cordova-plugins-in-pwa-web-applications/147575/3

With the best regards,

Gonçalo

Solution

Hey guys,

We are currently improving our plugins to also address the PWA use case. All the plugins rely on cordova, which are not being shipped for Reactive Web Apps / PWAs. 

With this in mind, we've released today a camera plugin, that works both on the browser and on the mobile device. The actions are the same, and the plugin adapts to the device it is running on (web or mobile device).

Afterwards, we are planning on addressing the bar code, local notifications and geolocation.

Stay tuned for more plugins :)

Regards,

Ricardo Alves

great news ..
Thanks to all team Outsystems..