[Microsoft Login Connector Reactive] How to implement this component in Service Studio?

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 22 Mar (13 days ago) by Vincent Koning
2 votes
Published on 22 Mar (13 days ago) by Vincent Koning

Could anyone helpfully advise how to implement this component in Service Studio? The documentation on the Forge only seems to deal with the Azure side of things. I've registered the URL and have a Client ID and Client Secret, now what...

I've successfully implemented the MS login Connector for my traditional web apps but constituent parts of the Reactive version are slightly different. 

Many thanks

Richard

Hi Richard.

For this component to work you need 2 more applications (one should already be installed as it's directly depended on this).

1. Microsoft Login Connector Core

2. Microsoft Login Connector Management

You need the Management application to configure your Azure AD applications and "attach" these to Espaces and Resources. I will post a better documentation soon but in short you need to do the following;

Configure an Azure AD application

Go to the microsoftloginconnectormanagement Espace (make sure to add yourself to the correct role first!). On the homepage you can add new applications and new resources. You only need the latter when you want to retrieve data from an external api that is also oAuth2 protected.

When creating a new application you need to input the name, the clientId and the ClientSecret. When you press Save 2 new tabs appear in the sidebar where you can configure the Espaces that need to use this new Azure AD application and the, optional, needed resources. 

Configure a Reactive application

To authenticate with Azure AD you need to use the following actions from the Microsoft Login Connection Reactive application: GetOAuth2AuthenticationURL. 

You will also need a reference to the OAuthProvider static entity from the Microsoft Login Connector Core application;

In your application open the Login action under Login Screen in the Common section. Add the GetOAuth2AuthenticationURL to the flow and use an ExternalURL destination to open the URL like the following example;

The only inputs needed for the GetOAuth2AuthenticationURL action are as such;

This should be all that is needed to logon. Please check the Demo application that is available in the Microsoft Login Connector Reactive component for more details including a logoff flow.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Vincent