[CSVUtil] [CSVUtil] Cannot read number after comma

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 2019-09-28 by Wei Zhu
27 votes
Published on 2019-09-28 by Wei Zhu

Hi, I would like to ask whether if we can modify the CSV config field delimiter? I'm having a problem when uploading a CSV list of names and phone numbers. If I set it to false, then all the format of the CSV will be uploaded (Attached: CSVDelimiterFalse.jpeg). However if I set it to true, it wont read the numbers after the comma. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Yes. You can specify FieldDelimiter for both export and import.

According to your case, you need specify it to semi-colon. 

Regards

Wei

Wei Zhu wrote:

Regards

Wei

Hi Wei, actually our problem is with the excel format. When we insert a phone number into our excel CSV (example +62127127127) it became (example: +6,2869E+11) maybe due to automatic formatting in the excel. Do you have any idea on importing the CSV so that the one that is imported is the actual phone number that we input in the excel instead of the formatted form by the excel?

Jonathan Djuwandi wrote:

Wei Zhu wrote:

Regards

Wei

Hi Wei, actually our problem is with the excel format. When we insert a phone number into our excel CSV (example +62127127127) it became (example: +6,2869E+11) maybe due to automatic formatting in the excel. Do you have any idea on importing the CSV so that the one that is imported is the actual phone number that we input in the excel instead of the formatted form by the excel?

If my understand is correct, your issue is when you open CSV with MS Excel,

The phone number field will displayed as (+6,2869E+11).

At first, I'd like to point out this is the expected behavior, because MS Excel will try to auto format cell.

But If the ONLY purpose for download CSV is to open with MS Excel

Then you can add single quotation before the value (example '+62127127127).

Excel will format cell as text if it is started with single quotation

Regards

Wei