How did you prepare to pass the exam web certificate?
Question

Guys, after i studied very hard for two times i was failed with the note 62% in the exam, So i'd like to know how was you preparation that give to you the success on this exam. thanks to everyone

Hi Mancciny,

You needs to read carefully of the tutorial and do exercise of the Out-Systems. Also needs to have a good knowledge in solving the scenario based question. Then you will able to clear the Exam. 

I hope it will help you to get certification.

Thank you,

Sudip

Hi Mancciny,

Do all exercise and take all Outsystems practices quiz. Read all topics and videos carefully. that's it.  practices is more important to clear the exam. 

Mancciny wrote:

Guys, after i studied very hard for two times i was failed with the note 62% in the exam, So i'd like to know how was you preparation that give to you the success on this exam. thanks to everyone

Hi Mancciny,

You can follow below link

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/114/developing-web-apps-outsystems-11/  .

I think its sufficient for this exam, You just need to go through course 2-3 times and try to figure out the questions hint in given video tutorial. Except this you should complete the given exercise in lesson materials. There will be no question in exam out of this course.

I hope it will help you !.

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP

Mancciny wrote:

Hi Mancciny,

I hope you followed the tutorials and done the exercises as well but this exam is all about your deep understanding and become familiar with the tool, i think you should create the sample movie app 2-3 times and modify the functionality so that you can understand where exactly changes impacting the application.

for eg: in totorial you need to consume 1 rest API.

you should try and consume different rest api and try to play with their response.

create your entities and structure and play with them.

Best example is to create a sample application of your own by taking the reference from your legacy system like convert your java or .net app into outsytems and try to achieve the same functionality using outsystems.

More practical you do more you understand it.

Last but not the least, be familiar with terminology of outsystems, if you have downloaded the course pdf, you can check there is a note section and few points are written in bold, those points are important and try to understand them.

Don't worry prepare again and give the exam.

Best of luck.

regards,

Manish Jawla  

Every body has a different way of studying. 

When I did the Associate, I already had 3 months programming OutSystems. 

At the time, the online training were videos (that I hate) I just went through the documentations, and only look to the videos when I had some doubt. I studied with official materials of OutSystems and made exercise projects on my local environment of course.

In my opinion, we can't separate them. I suggest studying the materials also create your own examples.

Also, I did a lot of tests to understand better what I was reading. 

Today videos are better in my opinion. But I still think the documentation is fundamental to better understand the platform. 

Pay attention that the exam requires more than just knowing the platform. You need to know how to use it, how to validate, how to use aggregates and how to use entities characteristics to define a good data model. Logic. Differences in life cycles. Events and how they work, etc. 

Good luck. 

Hello Mancciny,

I failed my first exam too and only pass on the 2nd chance. I did the online course, watched the videos twice and this was not enough for me to be approved for my first time. I have no professional experience with OutSystems yet, so I know that I need to practice more to be a good OutSystems Developer. 

However, the exam requires not only practice but also to know deeply the concepts, so I used the app Anki and create my flashcards with the OutSystems exam's content. I created 100 open questions and I training every day, was a memory exercise.

My goal was: “I’ll know all the concepts and information available online and then I can at least eliminate some options until finding the correct one”. It was a risky strategy but worked.

Good luck!

Hi Luana,

Could you share your flashcards please, that would help me a lot

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.