Covid 19 - Free Certificate Offer - No respoonse

Hi there

I was following the offer getting certificates for free. Sending the email with the needed information to the talent email account. But up to now I haven't got any voucher even after opening 2 support tickets. 

There was just the answer that I should have got it. But there is nothing so far neither in my spam folder nor in any other.

Does someone know how to get this voucher?


thanks


regards

Stefan

Hi, 


I received the voucher after a couple of days. They are probably very busy processing all these requests.

Hi Stefan,

Due to an overwhelming interest in the free exams, OutSystems has a huge backlog of requests. I've been told they're doing everything they can to work their way through, so you should receive an answer within some days.

Hi


my fully understanding but they told me that I should have already got it. But there is nothing. And this was already some days ago. And 1st of April the first period for getting it has already ended.

Stefan, 

Don't worry. These are difficult times for everyone, so as Kilian said, the team is doing the best they can to reply to everybody in a timely manner. 

We have brought this issue into attention to the OutSystems staff, so this should be sorted out in the meantime. I can't guarantee it's going to be in the next hour or the next day, but it will be.

Cheers!

Solution

Hi everyone, 

Short version: give us a time and we'll be able to find an available slot for everyone who requests a voucher until April-15. We're expecting that this Monday, April 6 the problem will be fixed!


What's going on:

As the majority of companies, our Proctoring Service wasn't ready for a tsunami of virtual exams worldwide. They had to shut down all test centers and move every customer to the virtual exams and that had an impact as you can imagine.

We've been working with them to solve everyone's issues, and get more available slots, bear with us for a weekend more and we do expect to have everything alright this Monday end of the business day.

The positive side of the story is that they are hiring people while the rest of the world keeps dismissing.

Andrà Tutto Bene, it's the song of the moment, and trust that we'll make it happen to you all of you who request the voucher in the campaign limits, April 15th. Thank you for understanding!


@Stefan, just sent you an email with all the details about your request. Thank you for understanding!


Solution

Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there

I was following the offer getting certificates for free. Sending the email with the needed information to the talent email account. But up to now I haven't got any voucher even after opening 2 support tickets. 

There was just the answer that I should have got it. But there is nothing so far neither in my spam folder nor in any other.

Does someone know how to get this voucher?


thanks


regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan , I have also applied for free certification exam and I have received voucher code within week . 

Please wait and watch , All the best.

Regards,

Nikhil


RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Short version: give us a time and we'll be able to find an available slot for everyone who requests a voucher until April-15. We're expecting that this Monday, April 6 the problem will be fixed!


What's going on:

As the majority of companies, our Proctoring Service wasn't ready for a tsunami of virtual exams worldwide. They had to shut down all test centers and move every customer to the virtual exams and that had an impact as you can imagine.

We've been working with them to solve everyone's issues, and get more available slots, bear with us for a weekend more and we do expect to have everything alright this Monday end of the business day.

The positive side of the story is that they are hiring people while the rest of the world keeps dismissing.

Andrà Tutto Bene, it's the song of the moment, and trust that we'll make it happen to you all of you who request the voucher in the campaign limits, April 15th. Thank you for understanding!


@Stefan, just sent you an email with all the details about your request. Thank you for understanding!


Hi Ricardo 


thank you so much for the explanation. Now I understand!


regards

Stefan


Hi all,

I am looking for getting certificates for free. But I did not find any link that guides how to follow it.

Could someone help me to share the link again?

Thank & Regards,

Duy.Vo

Hi Duy,

You can download the PDF containing the details from here.

Thanks Kilian,

I got it.

Regards,
Duy.Vo

Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there

I was following the offer getting certificates for free. Sending the email with the needed information to the talent email account. But up to now I haven't got any voucher even after opening 2 support tickets. 

There was just the answer that I should have got it. But there is nothing so far neither in my spam folder nor in any other.

Does someone know how to get this voucher?


thanks


regards

Stefan


Hi Stefan

Did you receive your voucher?

Same happened with I’ve sent the request mail on 31st March. I haven’t received it till now. Please help me with this if you have any solution.


Regards,

Kushala.

RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Short version: give us a time and we'll be able to find an available slot for everyone who requests a voucher until April-15. We're expecting that this Monday, April 6 the problem will be fixed!


What's going on:

As the majority of companies, our Proctoring Service wasn't ready for a tsunami of virtual exams worldwide. They had to shut down all test centers and move every customer to the virtual exams and that had an impact as you can imagine.

We've been working with them to solve everyone's issues, and get more available slots, bear with us for a weekend more and we do expect to have everything alright this Monday end of the business day.

The positive side of the story is that they are hiring people while the rest of the world keeps dismissing.

Andrà Tutto Bene, it's the song of the moment, and trust that we'll make it happen to you all of you who request the voucher in the campaign limits, April 15th. Thank you for understanding!


@Stefan, just sent you an email with all the details about your request. Thank you for understanding!



Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?

Hi there


I still haven‘t got any answer or email with a voucher or information about it although promised here. This is really disappointing and informed already German Outsystems sales guys.

I fully understand that Outsystems was overwhelmed by people asking for a voucher. But on the other side why do a lot of people already got the voucher after some days and I haven‘t got it after weeks?

It is disappointing!!

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still facing difficulties with the exams. One of the things that happened to me was that the emails sent from OutSystems were not being received.

I'm not sure if this is the case but I've alerted OutSystems internally regarding this. Today is a holiday in Portugal, so I would suggest that you don't expect any answer until Monday.

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble and I appreciate your understanding of this tough situation, knowing that OutSystems will sort this out.

Cheers!

Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there


I still haven‘t got any answer or email with a voucher or information about it although promised here. This is really disappointing and informed already German Outsystems sales guys.

I fully understand that Outsystems was overwhelmed by people asking for a voucher. But on the other side why do a lot of people already got the voucher after some days and I haven‘t got it after weeks?

It is disappointing!!

Stefan, can you please check your email server? I've sent you an email on March 30 and again on April 3rd as you can see in the image below.


I will send you a new email with a new voucher to see if arrives in 5 minutes maximum. Please check the spam. I'll also be sending a private message through the community with the same text as the email.


P.S. - New Email and Private message both sent. Please confirm you got it. Thanks and good luck with the exam!

Jan Patricia Espina wrote:

Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?

I have the same question as Jan. Can we schedule a remote exam from June? or need support from OutSystem to register an exam until April 30?


Jan Patricia Espina wrote:

RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Short version: give us a time and we'll be able to find an available slot for everyone who requests a voucher until April-15. We're expecting that this Monday, April 6 the problem will be fixed!


What's going on:

As the majority of companies, our Proctoring Service wasn't ready for a tsunami of virtual exams worldwide. They had to shut down all test centers and move every customer to the virtual exams and that had an impact as you can imagine.

We've been working with them to solve everyone's issues, and get more available slots, bear with us for a weekend more and we do expect to have everything alright this Monday end of the business day.

The positive side of the story is that they are hiring people while the rest of the world keeps dismissing.

Andrà Tutto Bene, it's the song of the moment, and trust that we'll make it happen to you all of you who request the voucher in the campaign limits, April 15th. Thank you for understanding!


@Stefan, just sent you an email with all the details about your request. Thank you for understanding!



Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?


I have the same issue like Jan, free voucher without available slot for online exam. 

I also have a Case Open (Id#2323641) and is still pending. I haven't heard from OutSystems with any updates regarding the status of the Case since 30th March 2020.
But now having read and understood the impact the Global Pandemic has had on all Business processes, it makes sense why things are taking a bit of time to move. please see screenshots below.

What happened was:
I am based in Johannesburg, South Africa. I believe my timezone is GMT +2.

While scheduling my Associates Mobile Exam, I selected a +2 code timezone - not GMT - with an 8AM time slot for Tuesday 31 March 2020.
After receiving confirmation email, I logged on to the prometric.com site to check thee schedule details. 
The Exam details showed a start time of 01:00AM instead of the 08:00AM I booked for.


With thanks.


Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there


I still haven‘t got any answer or email with a voucher or information about it although promised here. This is really disappointing and informed already German Outsystems sales guys.

I fully understand that Outsystems was overwhelmed by people asking for a voucher. But on the other side why do a lot of people already got the voucher after some days and I haven‘t got it after weeks?

It is disappointing!!

Hello,

I am in the same situation as Stefan. I have already sent 2 emails asking for the free certification and haven't got any answer. The first email was sent 11 days ago and the second one 4 days ago.

I will appreciate if someone can help me with this.


Thanks,

Diogo Soares


You can shedule until the end of July. Good Luck!


Dinh Duy Vo wrote:

Jan Patricia Espina wrote:

Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?

I have the same question as Jan. Can we schedule a remote exam from June? or need support from OutSystem to register an exam until April 30?




You can schedule it until the end of July.


Quoc Bao Vu wrote:

Jan Patricia Espina wrote:

RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Short version: give us a time and we'll be able to find an available slot for everyone who requests a voucher until April-15. We're expecting that this Monday, April 6 the problem will be fixed!


What's going on:

As the majority of companies, our Proctoring Service wasn't ready for a tsunami of virtual exams worldwide. They had to shut down all test centers and move every customer to the virtual exams and that had an impact as you can imagine.

We've been working with them to solve everyone's issues, and get more available slots, bear with us for a weekend more and we do expect to have everything alright this Monday end of the business day.

The positive side of the story is that they are hiring people while the rest of the world keeps dismissing.

Andrà Tutto Bene, it's the song of the moment, and trust that we'll make it happen to you all of you who request the voucher in the campaign limits, April 15th. Thank you for understanding!


@Stefan, just sent you an email with all the details about your request. Thank you for understanding!



Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?


I have the same issue like Jan, free voucher without available slot for online exam. 



Hi Thabiso, 

you should have answer if not today then tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long to get your problem solved. The team has been working to solve everyone's issues.

Good luck with that exam!

Thabiso Leboko wrote:

I also have a Case Open (Id#2323641) and is still pending. I haven't heard from OutSystems with any updates regarding the status of the Case since 30th March 2020.
But now having read and understood the impact the Global Pandemic has had on all Business processes, it makes sense why things are taking a bit of time to move. please see screenshots below.

What happened was:
I am based in Johannesburg, South Africa. I believe my timezone is GMT +2.

While scheduling my Associates Mobile Exam, I selected a +2 code timezone - not GMT - with an 8AM time slot for Tuesday 31 March 2020.
After receiving confirmation email, I logged on to the prometric.com site to check thee schedule details. 
The Exam details showed a start time of 01:00AM instead of the 08:00AM I booked for.


With thanks.




Hi Diogo, 

please check your email (include spam). your voucher was sent on April 11.

Thanks and Good Luck with that exam!


Diogo Soares wrote:

Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there


I still haven‘t got any answer or email with a voucher or information about it although promised here. This is really disappointing and informed already German Outsystems sales guys.

I fully understand that Outsystems was overwhelmed by people asking for a voucher. But on the other side why do a lot of people already got the voucher after some days and I haven‘t got it after weeks?

It is disappointing!!

Hello,

I am in the same situation as Stefan. I have already sent 2 emails asking for the free certification and haven't got any answer. The first email was sent 11 days ago and the second one 4 days ago.

I will appreciate if someone can help me with this.


Thanks,

Diogo Soares




The thread is long, so here's an update on it...

The team didn't stop during the weekend to get all the emails answered. We answered thousands and thousands of emails so far and we still have some pending emails to answer.

I do recommend to check your SPAM and also to ask your company support to check the spam server as we're getting several situations where our email is being blocked. Please check.

You can always PM me if you still haven´t received an answer to your request.

Good luck with those exams


It's only fair to post a success story as much as we post about issues encountered.
My issue's been resolved!
I'm glad and relieved grateful to the hard-working team at OutSystems Support!
Kudos!


Thank you very much guys!!!


RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi Thabiso, 

you should have answer if not today then tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long to get your problem solved. The team has been working to solve everyone's issues.

Good luck with that exam!

Thabiso Leboko wrote:

I also have a Case Open (Id#2323641) and is still pending. I haven't heard from OutSystems with any updates regarding the status of the Case since 30th March 2020.
But now having read and understood the impact the Global Pandemic has had on all Business processes, it makes sense why things are taking a bit of time to move. please see screenshots below.

What happened was:
I am based in Johannesburg, South Africa. I believe my timezone is GMT +2.

While scheduling my Associates Mobile Exam, I selected a +2 code timezone - not GMT - with an 8AM time slot for Tuesday 31 March 2020.
After receiving confirmation email, I logged on to the prometric.com site to check thee schedule details. 
The Exam details showed a start time of 01:00AM instead of the 08:00AM I booked for.


With thanks.






RicardoAraújo wrote:

You can shedule until the end of July. Good Luck!


Dinh Duy Vo wrote:

Jan Patricia Espina wrote:

Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?

I have the same question as Jan. Can we schedule a remote exam from June? or need support from OutSystem to register an exam until April 30?




I scheduled it successfully in June. Thanks Ricardo!


RicardoAraújo escreveu:

A discussão é longa, então aqui está uma atualização ...

A equipe não parou durante o fim de semana para receber todos os e-mails respondidos. Até agora, respondemos milhares e milhares de e-mails e ainda temos alguns e-mails pendentes para responder.

Recomendo que você verifique seu SPAM e também solicite ao suporte da sua empresa que verifique o servidor de spam, pois estamos tendo várias situações em que nosso email está sendo bloqueado. Por favor, verifique.

Você sempre pode me PM se ainda não recebeu uma resposta para sua solicitação.

Boa sorte com esses exames


Good afternoon.

Ricardo, I received the voucher but I can't schedule the test. Informs that there is no time available. Would it be possible to extend the tests to the August?



Tks.


Hi,

On 31-3-2020 I have sent an e-mail to OutSystems for the free exam Associate Web Developer O11 (COVID-19 BCP Free Certification). Unfortunately I still didn't received any e-mail or something. I hope that someone can help me with this issue. 

karla barbosa wrote:

RicardoAraújo escreveu:

A discussão é longa, então aqui está uma atualização ...

A equipe não parou durante o fim de semana para receber todos os e-mails respondidos. Até agora, respondemos milhares e milhares de e-mails e ainda temos alguns e-mails pendentes para responder.

Recomendo que você verifique seu SPAM e também solicite ao suporte da sua empresa que verifique o servidor de spam, pois estamos tendo várias situações em que nosso email está sendo bloqueado. Por favor, verifique.

Você sempre pode me PM se ainda não recebeu uma resposta para sua solicitação.

Boa sorte com esses exames


Good afternoon.

Ricardo, I received the voucher but I can't schedule the test. Informs that there is no time available. Would it be possible to extend the tests to the August?



Tks.



Hello,

I'm facing the same issue whereas not able to schedule till Sep2020. Any suggestions?


Thanks!

we're working on that. News to come. 


karla barbosa wrote:

RicardoAraújo escreveu:

A discussão é longa, então aqui está uma atualização ...

A equipe não parou durante o fim de semana para receber todos os e-mails respondidos. Até agora, respondemos milhares e milhares de e-mails e ainda temos alguns e-mails pendentes para responder.

Recomendo que você verifique seu SPAM e também solicite ao suporte da sua empresa que verifique o servidor de spam, pois estamos tendo várias situações em que nosso email está sendo bloqueado. Por favor, verifique.

Você sempre pode me PM se ainda não recebeu uma resposta para sua solicitação.

Boa sorte com esses exames


Good afternoon.

Ricardo, I received the voucher but I can't schedule the test. Informs that there is no time available. Would it be possible to extend the tests to the August?



Tks.




Working on that, news to come


Saurabh Kulshrestha wrote:

karla barbosa wrote:

RicardoAraújo escreveu:

A discussão é longa, então aqui está uma atualização ...

A equipe não parou durante o fim de semana para receber todos os e-mails respondidos. Até agora, respondemos milhares e milhares de e-mails e ainda temos alguns e-mails pendentes para responder.

Recomendo que você verifique seu SPAM e também solicite ao suporte da sua empresa que verifique o servidor de spam, pois estamos tendo várias situações em que nosso email está sendo bloqueado. Por favor, verifique.

Você sempre pode me PM se ainda não recebeu uma resposta para sua solicitação.

Boa sorte com esses exames


Good afternoon.

Ricardo, I received the voucher but I can't schedule the test. Informs that there is no time available. Would it be possible to extend the tests to the August?



Tks.



Hello,

I'm facing the same issue whereas not able to schedule till Sep2020. Any suggestions?


Thanks!



Hi, 

sent on April 7

I'll PM you the copy of the email


P.S - pm sent, please confirm you got 

Ismail Bulgur wrote:

Hi,

On 31-3-2020 I have sent an e-mail to OutSystems for the free exam Associate Web Developer O11 (COVID-19 BCP Free Certification). Unfortunately I still didn't received any e-mail or something. I hope that someone can help me with this issue. 



RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi, 

sent on April 7

I'll PM you the copy of the email


P.S - pm sent, please confirm you got 

Ismail Bulgur wrote:

Hi,

On 31-3-2020 I have sent an e-mail to OutSystems for the free exam Associate Web Developer O11 (COVID-19 BCP Free Certification). Unfortunately I still didn't received any e-mail or something. I hope that someone can help me with this issue. 



Hi, Thanks I received the mail finally! Thanks for the fast response and help :) 


Hi there

I was following the offer getting certificates for free. Sending the email with the needed information to the talent email account.


Does anyone know how to get this voucher?



thank you

PLEASE HELP ME! is there any possibility that I will have availibility for the certification? I've try every date in the calendar but I'd think it's full.. it's always 'no availability found' any suggestion from the community? thank you so much

Please help me too. I have the same issue with Patrick. I have tried 2 timezones (MST & GMT+1) but there is no available slot till October 2020. 

Does anyone know how long the voucher will remain valid?


Thank you for your response

Hi Patrick and Yinkus,

Did you read the link that Ricardo posted above? In that post he says "For those who got the voucher but couldn't schedule the exam, no worries about that (...), we're working to have more slots available so you can take the exam."

So the best course of action is to wait for now, the voucher will remain valid until you can take the exam.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Patrick and Yinkus,

Did you read the link that Ricardo posted above? In that post he says "For those who got the voucher but couldn't schedule the exam, no worries about that (...), we're working to have more slots available so you can take the exam."

So the best course of action is to wait for now, the voucher will remain valid until you can take the exam.

Thanks for your reply, Kilian


You're welcome! The reason for the delays is that the proctor company is currently actively recruiting people to be able to schedule all the exams, and OutSystems depends on their effort.

It's interesting that in this uncertain time, someone (Proctor) is recuriting people. :D

Jokes apart, I got my vouchers just next day and I understood it has validity till Jun/Jul. OutSystems has extended the exam date criteria than what was earlier communicated.

Hi Patrick, 


can you check latest staus in this topic please https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/59747/covid-19-free-certificate-offer-ended/

Thanks,

Patrick Alcantara wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME! is there any possibility that I will have availibility for the certification? I've try every date in the calendar but I'd think it's full.. it's always 'no availability found' any suggestion from the community? thank you so much



Dates are extended now and 3.5K new slots are available now from June 1st onwards, go ahead and grab your seat 


Regards,
Swapnil

Hello,

Please i kindly give me a guide on how to register for the free certificate. Thanks

Swapnil wrote:

Dates are extended now and 3.5K new slots are available now from June 1st onwards, go ahead and grab your seat 


Regards,
Swapnil

Hello,

Please i kindly give me a guide on how to register for the free certificate. Thanks


Rex Oko wrote:

Swapnil wrote:

Dates are extended now and 3.5K new slots are available now from June 1st onwards, go ahead and grab your seat 


Regards,
Swapnil


Hello,

Please i kindly give me a guide on how to register for the free certificate. Thanks



Hi Rex,


Dates to apply for the free certificate is gone. Last date to apply for the free certificate was Apr 15. The dates which i mentioned above 1st June onwards was to book slot for the exam


Sorry but currently outsystems not giving away free vouchers, will keep you posted once i get any update on free vouchers


Thanks,


Hi Rex,

As Swapnil wrote, it's no longer possible to register for the free exam. Ricardo's post above links to a post explaining it. 

Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there

I was following the offer getting certificates for free. Sending the email with the needed information to the talent email account. But up to now I haven't got any voucher even after opening 2 support tickets. 

There was just the answer that I should have got it. But there is nothing so far neither in my spam folder nor in any other.

Does someone know how to get this voucher?


thanks


regards

Stefan

Hello,


Even I did not get the voucher code yet, i had registered on 18 March 2020.

Hope Oustsytems team is looking at it.


RicardoAraújo wrote:

You can schedule it until the end of July.


Quoc Bao Vu wrote:

Jan Patricia Espina wrote:

RicardoAraújo wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Short version: give us a time and we'll be able to find an available slot for everyone who requests a voucher until April-15. We're expecting that this Monday, April 6 the problem will be fixed!


What's going on:

As the majority of companies, our Proctoring Service wasn't ready for a tsunami of virtual exams worldwide. They had to shut down all test centers and move every customer to the virtual exams and that had an impact as you can imagine.

We've been working with them to solve everyone's issues, and get more available slots, bear with us for a weekend more and we do expect to have everything alright this Monday end of the business day.

The positive side of the story is that they are hiring people while the rest of the world keeps dismissing.

Andrà Tutto Bene, it's the song of the moment, and trust that we'll make it happen to you all of you who request the voucher in the campaign limits, April 15th. Thank you for understanding!


@Stefan, just sent you an email with all the details about your request. Thank you for understanding!



Hi, there's no more available remote schedule from today to May 31. Can we select June dates, is that valid for free exam?

Hi Ricardo,


I have registered on 18th March 2020, but haven't receive the voucher code yet. Request you to look inot it.


Regards

Sadhana


I have the same issue like Jan, free voucher without available slot for online exam. 





Sadhana Singh wrote:

Stefan Scheffler wrote:

Hi there

I was following the offer getting certificates for free. Sending the email with the needed information to the talent email account. But up to now I haven't got any voucher even after opening 2 support tickets. 

There was just the answer that I should have got it. But there is nothing so far neither in my spam folder nor in any other.

Does someone know how to get this voucher?


thanks


regards

Stefan

Hello,


Even I did not get the voucher code yet, i had registered on 18 March 2020.

Hope Oustsytems team is looking at it.


18th March, that's around 2 months already. You should contact the support channel.