COVID-19 Community Response Update - April 6

Hello Community!

It’s Monday again and we hope your week starts off great as we have some good news that we hope will brighten up your day even more! Before getting to the newest project launching, I’m happy to note that the Neo Coloring Book is now available in 15 languages. 

Now on to the latest project launching as part of the COVID-19 Community Response Program!

Project #14

In these days of social isolation for most of us, it is difficult to cope with the lack of social support and being physically away from our family and friend networks. While this distancing is very important for our physical health, we can not forget the toll it can take on our psychological well being. That is why it is very important to have access to free psychological support and talking to professionals or university students in the field of psychology,  who can listen to us, understand our individual balance of the mental functions and show us some very useful coping mechanisms. Understanding that psychological counseling needs to be much more present than it has been up to now is the main driver of this idea. In collaboration with the professors from the University of Minho (Portugal), Portuguese Association of Psychologists and many other institutions and individuals who will be able to volunteer their skills through this app, it will be very easy for everyone to schedule an appointment with a qualified person and make a video call. 

Criteria reminder:

• Potential impact as measured by total population helped

• Technical feasibility of using the OutSystems platform

• Project team commitment to build and run the project

• Availability of relevant subject matter experts in the team 

Want to see all the selected projects, see who’s working on them, see the status, and other details? Check out the COVID-19 Community Response Project page to see all the info.

Hello Snezana!

I like this idea, but I am concerned about how we could identify who is considered "qualified."  Different countries have different rules, and there might be various laws/regulations around proving medial or health assistance.  In the US, it would have to confirm to HIPAA laws for example. Any thoughts on how to manage this?