How to use current time and date and register it in tables?

Hi,

I have a reporting forms, and it has a attribute for time and date of when the report is issued, but I want this to be filled automatically with currtime and currdate.

As soon as the reporter opens the form it registers the time and date, and after he submit it, it should be saved in the database.

CurrDateTime() gives you the current data time from the server. If the user is in another Time Zone you have to do the calculation .

Regards 

Graça

PS Stay safe

Faris Abdullah Almozini wrote:

Hi,

I have a reporting forms, and it has a attribute for time and date of when the report is issued, but I want this to be filled automatically with currtime and currdate.

As soon as the reporter opens the form it registers the time and date, and after he submit it, it should be saved in the database.

Hi Farris, you have a function of CurrDate() on the place of the style class, there you should write a css class

Now ii you want to have the inout_date filled in automatically go to the entity and add CurrDate() to the default value of the entity that holds the date, check the pic

and as result, the date was filled automatically

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi,

Hi Farris, you have a function of CurrDate() on the place of the style class, there you should write a css class

Now ii you want to have the inout_date filled in automatically go to the entity and add CurrDate() to the default value of the entity that holds the date, check the pic

Thanks for your response, I did like you said. After I published the application and opened the form the date keep showing like in the picture below:

I tried to change it from input to expression, but shows null date.

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I did like you said. After I published the application and opened the form the date keep showing like in the picture below:

Can you upload the oml or show how you are retriving the date, or the input variable data type:

here is mine:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi,

Can you upload the oml or show how you are retriving the date, or the input variable data type:

here is mine:

Yes, I did the same as you did but no luck.

Please check the attached oml, thanks.

Solution

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi,

here is mine:

Hi, check your join condition and change the max record to 1, check on the oml

result

Solution

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi,

here is mine:

result

Thanks it wokrs! How do you I change the application time zone, I think it shows a different time zone because the time it shows is different then the time in my country with 3h gap.

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi,

here is mine:

result

Thanks it wokrs! How do you I change the application time zone, I think it shows a different time zone because the time it shows is different then the time in my country with 3h gap.

For timezone check this post:https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/48321/how-to-config-timezone-in-personal-environtment/

Good, I could help you.

So if my solution or ideas was the one that solved your problem, please mark my answer as the solution and help me to grow my rank in the community, thanks and good code