[OutSystems UI] Dropdown Search \ Dropdown Tags

Forge Component
(87)
Published on 7 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
87 votes
Published on 7 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hello All,

Trying to find some documentation on the 2 widgets.......

Thank you,

FrankCLT

I was looking for something more along the lines of an explanation\example of usage.  As below...how its all interconnected.  If i had to repeat the below functionality it would be quite an undertaking for sure.

This Search does return all vendors by name and auto populates the Vendor number from what you select in the search as well.   All trial and error, luck and an associate that is more willing to experiment figured this out.  I am more along the line of having a document to read and get a firm understanding of what I'm doing.

Thanks for any insight....

FrankCLT

Hey All,

We are running into an issue loading suppliers into a Drop-down List that appears to be slowing the overall performance of a screen.   The list is 5500 suppliers, would that amount hinder performance?  What are some of the alternatives for something like this....

Thank you,

FrankCLT

Anyone?  

Thanks

FrankCLT

Hi Frank, 

If you are looking for an alternative of the drop-down search because of the performance, you can perhaps try the Input_AutoComplete widget from the RichWidgets.

This way, you can control how many records you are fetching from the database each time you use the input field.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards 

Great,  I will definitely give that a try.  

Thank you,

Observation....I may be incorrect but the Input_AutoComplete does not seem to apply to Reactive.  Is there an equivalent for Reactive?

All I'm trying to do is to not fill the Dropdown or Dropdown Search or list with all the records, I would like for the Widget to populate as the user types a name.   I just can't seem to find the right Widget to accomplish this.

Thank you,

FrankCLT