How to pass a value from a popup to parent window?

I have a combobox in Screen 1, where the user can select a route. But, if the user doesn't find the route, he can click on "cadastrar rota" to create a new route.

This button opens a pop-up, when user can create a route. But after the route is created, I want the created route to be the selected route in the combobox, in Screen 1. 

I was trying to do this using a parameter, and in the debug the value is passed correctly to the Preparation of Screen 1 (the route id), but I can't put this parameter as the selected value in the combobox.

(I am using Outsystems 10)

Thank you!

Hello Julia.

In version 10, there is a PopUpNotify widget.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Inputs/Create_and_Use_a_Popup

Solution

Hi Julia,

Check out this post for further details and to see which widget Nuno is talking about. It is called Popup_Editor_Notify. 

In the parent screen OnNotify action you use the Notify_GetMessage action to retrieve the value passed through the Popup_Editor_Notify action.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hi Julia,

I create a sample app based on your requirement, hope this helps you!

See the attached .oml solution file

Check this: Sample App

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Julia,

Check out this post for further details and to see which widget Nuno is talking about. It is called Popup_Editor_Notify. 

In the parent screen OnNotify action you use the Notify_GetMessage action to retrieve the value passed through the Popup_Editor_Notify action.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Thank you so much!! It worked :D

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Julia,

I create a sample app based on your requirement, hope this helps you!

See the attached .oml solution file

Check this: Sample App

Regards,

Benjith Sam

I'm using Outsystems 10 so I can't open the oml file. But thank you so much for sending me an example!

Julia Freitas wrote:

Thank you so much!! It worked :D

You are welcome Julia. Glad I could help. :)

Enjoy developing with OutSystems!

Julia Freitas wrote:

I'm using Outsystems 10 so I can't open the oml file. But thank you so much for sending me an example!

You are welcome, Julia :)

I'm happy that you achieved your requirement and I could be of help :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam