Hi All,

I am developing an mobile application for android where I want to display which apps are installed on the phone. Suppose 25 apps are installed on the phone then, I should get the list of those 25 apps which are installed on the phone. So that I can display in the app which I am developing.

Please help here to let me know if this is possible in outsystems and if yes then how?

Thankyou

Hi Kaustubh,

There are a few Cordova plugins you can look into which you could to integrate with your Mobile App.

You would need to create your own Cordova plugin for these. Here are some articles around that topic that might be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin


Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Kaustubh,

There are a few Cordova plugins you can look into which you could to integrate with your Mobile App.

You would need to create your own Cordova plugin for these. Here are some articles around that topic that might be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin


Hi Nordin,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will explore this URLs.


Kaustubh Kamble wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Kaustubh,

There are a few Cordova plugins you can look into which you could to integrate with your Mobile App.

You would need to create your own Cordova plugin for these. Here are some articles around that topic that might be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin


Hi Nordin,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will explore this URLs.



Hi Nordin,

I explored those plugins but I am getting an error while generating the native build in android

error is:

"In Android on 2020-06-04 at 10:59:55 - Generation failed due to plugin version incompatibility with MABS. We recommend that you review the following plugin(s) and retry building the app:csZBar version v1.3.3-OS10 must be equal or greater than v1.3.3-OS11"

Can you please help me out here.

Kaustubh Kamble wrote:

Kaustubh Kamble wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Kaustubh,

There are a few Cordova plugins you can look into which you could to integrate with your Mobile App.

You would need to create your own Cordova plugin for these. Here are some articles around that topic that might be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin


Hi Nordin,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will explore this URLs.



Hi Nordin,

I explored those plugins but I am getting an error while generating the native build in android

error is:

"In Android on 2020-06-04 at 10:59:55 - Generation failed due to plugin version incompatibility with MABS. We recommend that you review the following plugin(s) and retry building the app:csZBar version v1.3.3-OS10 must be equal or greater than v1.3.3-OS11"

Can you please help me out here.

Could you try by changing the extensibility Configuration of your component from 1.3.3-OS10 to 1.3.3-OS11.


Solution

Hi Kaustubh,

I have created plugin wrapper for the AppListMaster plugin mentioned by Nordin, which will Get you the list of installed application on Android device.

Forge Component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8620/applist-master


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Kaustubh,

I have created plugin wrapper for the AppListMaster plugin mentioned by Nordin, which will Get you the list of installed application on Android device.

Forge Component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8620/applist-master


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam


Hi Benjith,

Thanks for the creating plugin wrapper it worked.

Kaustubh Kamble wrote:

Hi Benjith,

Thanks for the creating plugin wrapper it worked.

You are welcome, Kaustubh :)

Glad I could be of help!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Nice one Benjith!

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Nice one Benjith!

Thank you Nordin for the direction :)


Regards,

Benjith Sam