[OutSystems UI] DropdownSearch filter not returning expected results

Forge Component
(87)
Published on 7 Jul by OutSystems R&D
87 votes
Published on 7 Jul by OutSystems R&D

I am attempting to use the DropDown Search from the Outsystems UI.  No matter what I try in the "AdvancedFormat" I am not getting the results I am expecting.

My list in this example is a local storage list with filters.  With the list unfiltered it has 1673 records

even trying it filtered with only 43 records still to no avail!

for example if I have the filtered list selected (see attachment for filtered list values) and type in "ta" to search for table should in my thoughts return 16 items, it returns none!

Here are some examples of the different AdvancedFormat value I have tried.. plus more

HELP!!.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

"{""searchFields"":['label'],""searchResultLimit"":50}"

"{""shouldSort"":false,""ignoreLocation"":true,""searchResultLimit"":500}"

"{""searchFields"":['label'],""shouldSort"":false,""searchResultLimit"":100,""distance"":200,""findAllMatches"":true,""threshold"":0.0}"

"{""searchFields"":['label'],""shouldSort"":false,""searchResultLimit"":100,""distance"":200,""findAllMatches"":true,""threshold"":1.0}"

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure what exact fuse options you would need to get the results you want, I'm not familiar with the library, but for starters, you are adding way too many """"""""""".

format of this kind of advanced options usually is 

"{

booleanoption: true,

complexoption : {

stringoption: ""optionstringvalue"",

integeroption: 5

}

}"

So, what I also notice is that you have fuse options as choices options.  You need to add a fuseOptions:{} around those.

I had a try, I managed to pass options to it, but it looks to me that for some reason it is only looking at the first 20 characters to do the matching with the search value, can't really see what option on either the choices or the fuse library is responsible for this ???  So your 'table' search will still not yield a result.

see attached oml, not really solving your problem, but this is as far as I get.

Dorine

Dorine,

Thank you for the time you spent on this. It is interesting that it is only searching 20 char deep! Do you think it would be helpful to add a support case with Outsystems?  Or do you have any recommendations for the next step to troubleshoot?

Rick

Hi Richard,

Glad to help, this kind of posts give me a reason to dig deeper into a specific topic.  ?

I think, if nobody else can share any insight on this, that you best try with a support ticket.  

Posts go often unnoticed by OS, even when it's on the forum of a forge component.  

I saw another post about dropdown search a couple of days ago, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit : this is that other post, maybe ask him what his experience is with the search.

Richard,

Experiencing the same issue. The search only checks 20 characters deep when filtering. Following this thread and others waiting for a solution.

Solution

Daryl Van Johnson wrote:

Richard,

Experiencing the same issue. The search only checks 20 characters deep when filtering. Following this thread and others waiting for a solution.

Daryl,

So I went ahead and opened up a case with  Outsystems. I am not 100% sure but I believe an update that they made has assisted in allowing this to work. Here is the advancedformat that I am using and my response to them. It appears to be working now.

Thank you for your suggestions.. In my previous attempts to resolve the issue I had played with the distance and threshold to no avail! 

But, now it seems to be working with the following AdvancedFormat

Were there any updates made?  It did not seem to matter before.

"{searchResultLimit: 100, fuseOptions: {caseSensitive: false , findAllMatches: true , thresHold: 0.5 , distance: 1000 }  }"

Solution