[OutDoc] Discussion

[OutDoc] Discussion

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems
23 votes
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems
If you publish a space so as to change the version ID, the OUTDOC does not work.

Because the database is not updated with the new xml and with the new ID ..

In the OutDoc DocAPI tab the XML structure of an OML is explaind, how can i view the oml content as a xml?

Great add-on, but I am having problems getting it to pick up the pictures of the action 'diagram flows'

I am using latest outdoc 5.1.6 (9th) and Platform 5.1.0.14 / EnterpriseManager 5.1.5.

In note that as it is installed from the solution that the OutDoc eSpace was on OSS level 5.1.0.15 and it wouldn't work - so I re-deployed to get this back to my install of 5.12.0.14 - then it generates the doc but not the action pictures.  I tried several models incl. EnterpriseManager and OutDoc iteself but not joy.

Any help much appreciated.

Paul.

Hi guys

Paul
I just generated the OutDoc report for OutDoc eSpace, using Platform Server 5.1.0.14 and OutDoc 5.1.6 and it seems pretty normal to me.
I attached the PDF output - can you see if something is missing?

Bruno
Can you provide more details about the behavior you described? When you publish a new version OutDoc will not work? What versions are you using?

Cheers,
Ok - I have a small test eSpace attached - when I generate the Docs, I was expecting to see internal actions with their action flows (i.e. for screen action "OK" on TestWS screen I expected to see a rendering of the Action flow (with start, arrows, actions etc) as if I had opened the Action in SS).  I don't get this.

I saw something similar in an Outsystems demo - but the demo was characteristically fast (like the software) and I didn't get chance to see what it was - maybe you only get this for processes? Or it is some option? - as I can see that you would want it for a 'Spec' but not a more business oriented doc.

Thanks for your help,
Paul.

PS - I'd love to see OutDoc offer three types of document - Spec (including code/database details) Or UserGuide (including screen shots and webFlow diags etc) Or Both together in one tome!
hello Acácio, 

i have tested in this two versions :

Version 5.1.3 - Published 07 July 2010       
Version 5.1.0 - Published 30 June 2010        

the report  wasn't properly generate when published a new version of Espace.

However i ran this problem by updating the ID of the project when OutDoc is generating the report .

The problem is in Action \ ChecksSpaceId ( the attachment has my solution ).

i debug the apllication and found a empty XML(GetEspaceXMLsByESpaceId2.List.Current.EspaceXML.xml)

after the query "GetEspaceXMLsByESpaceId2"

Bruno Rebelo
I Am Getting an error when trying to use the application:
"a problem has occred while processing the oml File "

versions that are installed:
Platform Server
Community Edition
Enterprise Manager
OutDoc 5.1.6

the error on the service center is:
Method not found: 'Void OutSystems.RuntimeCommon.StringUtils.ForEachBlockComment(System.String, System.Action`1<System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match>)'.

Hi guys,

We detected a compatibility problem between the OutDoc version and the installed Agile Platform version. Each version of OutDoc will only work properly in a certain version of the Agile Platform version.

This problem is being addressed and a fix shall be available next week. Meanwhile, I suggest you to use a compatible OutDoc, here the compatibility for each OutDoc version:
  • Version 5.1.7 - Agile Platform 5.1.0.17
  • Version 5.1.6 - Agile Platform 5.1.0.14
  • Version 5.1.5 - Agile Platform 5.1.0.10
  • Version 5.1.0 and 5.1.3 - do not use (critical problem found in these versions).
If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Regards,
João Portela

Great solution!
What we are still missing and that it's still important:

- Database tables, show the physical name as well -  (OSUSR_*)
- Flag if the eSpace has or not AdvancedQueries (with EXEC). When YES, show the EXEC statement ... (so we can see that there's a stored procedure that we need to consider when publishing the solution in a different server or just for SQL documentation)
Hi João,

In order to use Outdoc Version 5.1.6 I need to upgrade the installed Agile Platform to version 5.1.0.14. Where can I download this version?

Regards,
Jovan Gorceski

Hi Carolina,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll send your requests to our Product Management to be approval.

Meanwhile if you need this information to be displayed in the report, you can try to do it your self. The OutDoc eSpace is documented, you it should be easy to do some of the changes you suggest. If you need additional help/information, please let me know.

Regards,
João Portela
Hi Jovan,

Unfortunately we had to remove the Agile Platform Server 5.1.0.14., but there is a new version (Agile Platform Server 5.1.0.17) which is compatible with the latest version of the OutDoc (5.1.7)

I strongly recommend you to use the latest versions of Agile Platform Server and Outdoc.

Regards,
João Portela
hi guys,  just want to leave a suggestion.
it would be great to generate(download) a PDF of the generated documentation

Best Regards
Bruno Rebelo
Hi,

I was reading the wisdom of Crowds about this solution that says its Done, but I don't think its done.

I know that in Outsystems's Outdocumenter , on Evaluation Reports and Traceability Tab, can tell us that an action is never used so I can delete it, or the preparation actions has more than 30 nodes, so it could give us slow screen logs, and more of that very usefull stuff.

This Solution doesn't have that, or at least I haven't see it.

Can you confirm it please?

Cheers.
Hi,
I have found that in "OutDocStyles" you have a style named ChapterContent but in the eSpaceDocumentation the container for content is using ChapterContents
I found this in my attempt to add a left margin in content !
Hi,
in the 3.4.2 Referenced Actions is basic the same that we have in 3.6 References

I think the 3.4.2 can be removed !
Hi guys,

Is possible to put available this Component to the Agile Platform version 5.0 (JAVA)?

Thanks,
Hi Filipe,

The Java version of the OutDoc component is already in the roadmap/back-log, but unfornunately it is not in the short plans and there is no release date for it.

regards,
João Portela
Ok João.

Thanks.
Is Outdoc, able to generate a document from an eSpace (where the eSpace has not been published on the server?)

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure if the current version of the OutDoc component is able to receive an eSpace (e.g. file upload) but if not this is just an UI problem.
The core of the OutDoc is the extension EspaceMetaModel, action GetDocumentation, this is a generic action which receives an eSpace file and returns a xml object with the information.
You may need to give a look into the eSpace and adapt it, e.g. create a new screen to receive any espace.

Regard,
João Portela
Please note in the headers of this download that this Solution can only be used with Platform server 6.0.1.2+

Publishing Extension Publishing 'EspaceMetaModel'.
Compatibility Conflict This Extension version (6.0.1.2) is not compatible with the current Platform Server version (6.0.0.6).
Publishing Extension Publishing 'GraphvizDot'.
Compatibility Conflict This Extension version (6.0.1.2) is not compatible with the current Platform Server version (6.0.0.6).
Hi all,

I'm trying to publish the outdoc solution on 6.0, using Oracle DBMS. On deploy step, the espace OutDoc retrieve me the error listed below, even when I try to publish it using the service studio:

Communication error

There was an error contacting 'XXXXXXXXXX'.

Internal Error: ORA-02204: ALTER, INDEX and EXECUTE not allowed for views
\r\nDetails : System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException: ALTER, INDEX and EXECUTE not allowed for views

at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.#Obb(DbException e, IDbTransaction trans)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQueryDontCleanParameters(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean skipLog)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeploymentController.DBCompilerService.CreateTenantView(IDbTransaction adminTrans, String tableName, String baseViewName, Int32 tenantId, Int32 tenantIdFilter, String runtimelogin, String catalogName)
   at #ldd.#ZX.#cjd(String tenantName, String eSpaceName)
   at #ldd.#ZX.CreateTenant(ICompilerContext context, String eSpaceName, String tenantName).

How to fix this problem?

Regards
PM

Hi Pedro,

It looks like the database user used to perform database changes do not have privileges to perform some database changes.
Do you know if there were any changes in the privileges of the users used by the Agile Platform? Are you having problems publishing other espaces (with new tables)?

Regards,
João Portela
Hi Pedro

From your error message, your OSSYS_* tables have explicit ALTER, INDEX or EXECUTE privileges to a given user or role.
We have already identified that the Agile Platform is currently not coping well with that - it tries to give those privileges to views.

You can use the following query to identify which tables have one or more of the said privileges:

SELECT GRANTEE, PRIVILEGE PRIVILEGE_TYPE, table_name,
'REVOKE ' || privilege || ' ON ' || table_name || ' FROM ' || GRANTEE || ';' script_to_remove
FROM all_tab_privs
WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = 'HUBADMIN' /* replace with the actual name of your hubadmin schema */
  AND privilege in ('ALTER', 'INDEX', 'EXECUTE')
  AND table_name like 'OSSYS_%'

The last column of the script  (script_to_remove) also gives you the statements you can run to remove the extra privileges.
So if this is not a production environment, you can simply grab the last column and run the script.

If you would like to better understand this problem or if you have questions regarding the script, I suggest that you submit a support case with OutSystems.

Cheers,
Hi João and Acácio,

Thanks for your replies.

Acácio, I executed the script resulted from the query that you suggest on previous post, and the problem was fixed.

This problem was already fixed on recent platform 6.0 revisions?

Regards,
Pedro Matias

Hi Pedro

This problem is not yet fixed in 6.0 - it has been reported to R&D and is under analysis.
Note that this is still a very rare pattern - it only happens if you explicitly grant ALTER, INDEX or EXECUTE privileges on OSSYS_* tables.

Cheers,
Acácio
Hi Acácio,

At least if the problem happens again I will know the workaround to fixed it.

Cheers,
Pedro
I am going to generate documentation for an application which is developed on Service Studio version 6.0.1.16.  Can anyone provide a link for OutDoc osp file working on Service Studio version 6.0.1.16?   Thanks.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

In the OutDoc page there is a link to the "Version History" (http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkSolutions/ChangeLog.aspx?ProjectId=159). 

There you can find a version that can be installed on a Agile Platform 6.0.

Regards,
João Portela

Thanks, João Portela.

The OutDoc V6.0.8 is working for me!  Can it generate pdf file instead of mhtml file?

Kevin
 . ,.      

Hi Kevin,

Sorry. the current version of the OutDoc only exports to html. But, you can adapt it to export to pdf. I think there are several PDF components in the Donwloads are that you can use to implement it.

regards,
João Portela
Thanks, João Portela.

Kevin

João Portela wrote
:
Hi Kevin,

Sorry. the current version of the OutDoc only exports to html. But, you can adapt it to export to pdf. I think there are several PDF components in the Donwloads are that you can use to implement it.

regards,
João Portela

Hi,

when will the java-variant be available?
Although the java variant is in our roadmap, we don't have a planned date yet.
Please contact Support in case you have a customer that requires automated java documentation so we can provide an alternative in the meanwhile.
cheers
always show: "No Actions to show"
Seems the OutDoc cannot generate the actions in folders? 
Hi Wang,

I've just confirmed that information about actions inside folders is not being generated in the report.

We'll give a look at the problem and publish a new version with this fixed. I'll notify you when published.

regards,
João Portela
João Portela wrote:
Hi Wang,

I've just confirmed that information about actions inside folders is not being generated in the report.

We'll give a look at the problem and publish a new version with this fixed. I'll notify you when published.

regards,
João Portela

Just noticed that this was fixed. That's cool.

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/159/OutDoc/changelog/

Published 09 August 2012
  * Fixed problem due to OutDoc not listing information of Actions inside folders (#431135)

Hi  avieira,

Yes, yesteday published versions 7.0.1 and 6.0.9 should resolve the problem of actions inside folders.

Please let us know if you find any problem with the fix.

regards,
João Portela
On the overview section, there are three attributes missing: 
      - database; 
      - application server; 
      - application name.

Maybe the problem is on the xml generation because the generated xml doesn't have this three attributes also

Did someone already fixed this issue?

Hi João,

Tell me if i'm doing something wrong but outdoc does not extracts the action's flows, right?
That's something i was hoping to get....

Regards,
OutDoc 8.0.3 has "Version 8.0.2" in description.

I've published this new version and was confused if it was successfully published because in service center still showed 8.0.2, but it's just the eSpace description that was not changed to the correct version.

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the feedback, we'll fix the problem today.

regards,
João Portela
Hello All,

OutDoc is using the last publish version in Service Center is it possible to start pointing it to Lifetime latest version instead?

Regards 
Hi Edgar,

LifeTime reflects what is (last) published on Service Center, so they have the same espace versions.
So, could you please clarify your question?

regards,
jp
Hi João,

That's correct, because if I want an OutDoc for a specific eSpace is ok.
However if I want the OutDoc of the solution, the application will get the last published solution in Service Center and not in Lifetime.

Regards
Hi Edgar,

So, what you want is to be able do download the documentation of a given application (not solution). Is this correct?

regards,
jp
Hello,

Yes, I want to "Open Documentation" (as it says in OutDoc app) of a given application, using OutDoc.
However I can only open the documentation of a Solution that in my case was last publish in November 2013, but I wish that instead I could open the documentation based on what is on Lifetime.
Hi Edgar,

I understand the confusion, LifeTime only shows application, and OutDoc only shows solutions; which are not the same. So, I'm adding a change request to allow downloading the documentation of a given application.

Regards,
jp
Hello João, That would be nice. Thanks in advance, Edgar Ramos
what happened to the pdf variant?

Hi,

As far as I remember, the OutDoc component never produced PDF reports. So, might you be thinking about other forge component?

regards,
jp