Views
Comments
Solved
Barcode Plugin window disappears
Question

Hi All,

I have added the official outsystems barcode scanner plugin from the forge located here, https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1403/barcode-plugin

It works great, however the user is able to touch the top bar of the camera window and drag it down out of sight making the scan button appear again.

When the user presses it they are prompted with an error saying that there is already a scan in progress, and only force quitting the app and restarting will allow you to scan again.

The app is ios native for ipad.

Any ideas how to prevent it from being dragged out of sight, or force closed so that the scan runs again?

Thanks,

Arek.

Solution

Thanks very much for your reply.

You can still drag the window down and away on an ipad in ios 13+

I managed to fix this by modifying the native ios code in the plugin.

It appears that the "supported" plugins are not so supported after all!

Arek Stankiewicz wrote:

Hi All,

I have added the official outsystems barcode scanner plugin from the forge located here, https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1403/barcode-plugin

It works great, however the user is able to touch the top bar of the camera window and drag it down out of sight making the scan button appear again.

When the user presses it they are prompted with an error saying that there is already a scan in progress, and only force quitting the app and restarting will allow you to scan again.

The app is ios native for ipad.

Any ideas how to prevent it from being dragged out of sight, or force closed so that the scan runs again?

Thanks,

Arek.

Hi, 

Please check the attached .oml file and test it. It worked fine for me.

BarcodeScannerTest.oml

Solution

Thanks very much for your reply.

You can still drag the window down and away on an ipad in ios 13+

I managed to fix this by modifying the native ios code in the plugin.

It appears that the "supported" plugins are not so supported after all!