Hello,

I have this Dropdown field which is mandatory for the user to fill out. I have also put a default value or Empty Text properly.

However upon publishing it, the Empty Text value ("Please Select") is not shown properly.

Notice that the other Dropdown (Sort Key) shows the intended Empty Text value and I double checked to be sure that both Reconciliation Acct dropdown and Sort Key dropdown have the same Empty Text value.

On top of that, if I were to submit without picking a value for each Dropdown, the validation acknowledges that Reconciliation Acct dropdown does not have a value yet.

Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas as to what caused this,

Yosua

Hi Yosua,

From your screenshot, you are populating this combobox with the variable from the query GetCustomerFormById... (cannot see the rest). If the query and this field has a value different than null than you are going to get that value filled in.

Make sure the variable you have there has the value nullidentifier().

Cheers,

João

Hi Yosua,

Another user already experienced something like that. And like João Marques already noticed, It was something related with his approach to this issue.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/62926/assign-value-to-empty-test-in-dropdownwidget-properties-in-reactive-web/ 

See if it's helpfull for you.

Best regards,

João Delgado

Hello Guys,

I'm gonna reply the posts one-by-one if you don't mind.

@João Marques

I used the variable GetCustomerFormById... not to populate the dropdown but to store the option value that will be selected by the user. The dropdown is being populated by the aggregate GetRecAcc.List. Just wanted to clarify this.

Now along with @João Delgado's Response, I tested the value by creating an OnReady which only checks if GetCustomerFormById...=NullTextIdentifier(). And it is actually correct thus upon entering the screen, the value GetCustomerFormById... should contain NullTextIdentifier since the dropdown has not been picked yet.

Best Regards,

Yosua

Solution

Hi Yosua,

The variable you use which will store the value by the user (which you mention comes from GetRecAcc.List) has a starting value (null or something else) before the user even chooses something and that is the value that will be presented first before the user changes it.

In the case it is null, then the EmptyText message you filled ("Please Select" in your example) will be displayed.

Cheers,

João

Solution

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your answers. We found out why. Since we used a table from another module, it turns out that the data there was not giving out the intended value. Which is why the dropdown's default value is giving out weird result.

Cheers,

Yosua