Migrate MS-Access DB with forms to OutSystems

We have  one application built in MS access with some forms ,now we would like to  Migrate / Upgrade it to .Net so thought  to check if there is any way to build this in OutSystem ? Instead of writing code  in .Net?

I can sense this is generic question but to start discussion initiated this question.

Hi Ashish,

Yes you shoukd be able to migrate an msaccess application to outsystems. There is no migration tool, you basically have to rebuild your application in OutSystems and define if needed data migration logic.

Your evaluation should definitely look at the pricing options of OutSystems, which tends to be more valuable if you plan to build multiple applications in OutSystems.

I would advice you to read the OutSystems evaluation guide.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes we have already some applications in OutSystems already (On premise) so it will be not any problem.

Still I will read the OutSystem evaluation guide.

Thank you.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Akolkar

Solution

Ashish Akolkar wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes we have already some applications in OutSystems already (On premise) so it will be not any problem.

Still I will read the OutSystem evaluation guide.

Thank you.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Akolkar

Sorry, I assumed you where evaluation OutSystems as a new platform. If OutSystems is already used no need to read the evaluation guide.

I have also done some years MS Access development, and believe it should be easy to rebuild the applications in OutSystems.

There are probably 3 areas that are really different, the usage of msaccess functions in queries and the rich event model on the Ms Access input controls. Also not all table field data types of msaccess are available in OutSystems, But you should be able to mail them to an available data type in OutSystems. Link a link or email will be data type text.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Daniel

One question  We have some COM components (C++ DLL) unfortunately for those sourcecode is not available , can we use those existing COM component in Outsystem as well as it is?

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Akolkar