Views
Comments
Solved
System Server Actions went missing
Question

Why did this happen all of a sudden? The only thing left for "System" module for me to reference is the "User" Entity.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Stephen Li,

Nordin's link seems to be spot on, as the behavior seems consistent with what you are seeing, but if you are using an Enterprise Environment and other users aren't seeing the same behavior... this could be an issue with the Roles assigned to your user.

Please check with your DevOps team if there was any change in your user's role. There is an option when defining a Role to allow the user to reference System entities... if it is not selected something like this might happen.

If your default role was changed, or your role in a certain team or for a certain application changed, you may see this behavior where your colleagues with no changes in roles would not.

Hope this helps!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Stephen,

I’m not sure. On what type of environment is this happening? Personal or Enterprise?

I have seen this behavior mentioned once before on the Forum, but that occurred after a platform upgrade.

Can you provide any additional information on when this issue started?

Regards,

Nordin

Enterprise. and im using Service Studio 11.8.1 originally. As my colleagues were using 11.8.8 and had no problems at all, then i attempted to download 11.8.8 and reinstalled. But the problem still persists

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Stephen,

Did you upgraded the platform server as well or just downloaded the latest Service Studio?

If you upgraded the platform server you may need to install the system component again.

Regards,

-PJ-

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Stephen Li,

Nordin's link seems to be spot on, as the behavior seems consistent with what you are seeing, but if you are using an Enterprise Environment and other users aren't seeing the same behavior... this could be an issue with the Roles assigned to your user.

Please check with your DevOps team if there was any change in your user's role. There is an option when defining a Role to allow the user to reference System entities... if it is not selected something like this might happen.

If your default role was changed, or your role in a certain team or for a certain application changed, you may see this behavior where your colleagues with no changes in roles would not.

Hope this helps!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Stephen,

Just to reproduce the issue , i updated my SS to the same version that you have and doesn't had any issue. I second Jorge's though to check the roles .

Regards,

-PJ-

Yes, my team just also found out that the Role has a toggle where to set the permission for the group to reference Systems module. Thanks a lot for everyone's prompt help here.