Script Error for "Text"
Question

Hi Team,

In one of my mobile application project. We are facing an error that "Script error for TEXT"  because if this error the preview is not loading in chrome. If anyone has an idea please help on this.




Hi Kelash,

Are you using any "Text" related code in you java script.

Would it be possible for you to share the snapshot of your javascript.

Regards,

Vipasha

Vipasha Sharma wrote:

Hi Kelash,

Are you using any "Text" related code in you java script.

Would it be possible for you to share the snapshot of your javascript.

Regards,

Vipasha

 Hi Vipasha,

  I am not using any external javascript other then Outsystems default.  This error has arisen when we have upgraded our project platform from OutSystems 10 to Outsystems 11 version.

In The Outsystems 10 our application working fine but while uploading solution in OutSystems 11 version. I am facing this issue.

Regards,

Kelash Chand


 

Hi Vipasha, 

Yes, I got the error in integration log I have attached below. and also  I can't able to load any anonymous screen in this particular application.


Regards, 

Kelash Chand

Hello Kelash,


Have a look in this thread. It looks very similar issue :
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33839/script-error-for-pluginmanager/


Thanks,

Sanjay

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kelash,

Just to make sure, after upgrading you builded your app again?


Check the notes on how to upgrade your platform in the right way, and take a look at the breaking changes from 10 to 11 


For example, one of them that can cause an error after upgrading:

Hope it helps,

Cheers and Regards,

RR :)


Hi Raphael Ranieri,

Thanks for your reply.

I have taken build after the upgraded platform but the build was not working in the device. Also, I have taken my last build in the OutSystems 10 this year April with MABS version 5.2. I have 3 mobile application in this environment other 2 are working fine only this application has this issue. and this application has been the biggest application.

Regards,

Kelash Chand



 

Hi Kelash,

As per the above snapshot it seems you are getting an error from POST API, Is there any screen you are using below highlighted URl.

Is there any specific error occur while debugging the application. You can also use "All Exception" handle inside the preparation/ on Initialize action and debug the flow.

Regards,

Vipasha 

Vipasha Sharma wrote:

Hi Kelash,

As per the above snapshot it seems you are getting an error from POST API, Is there any screen you are using below highlighted URl.

Is there any specific error occur while debugging the application. You can also use "All Exception" handle inside the preparation/ on Initialize action and debug the flow.

Regards,

Vipasha 

 Hi Vipasha,

Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day!

 The above URL is the default  Outsystems API. I have not consumed any SOAP API  in this application.


Regards,

Kelash Chand

 

mvp_badge
MVP

Kelash,

Lets try to dig in this JS error then to discover more details...


1 - When you click in the javascript error in the browser you are redirected for the code.

Can you share a print?

2 - Another thing may be the theme you are using, this app use a base theme different than other apps that are working?

3 - Did you try to update this theme and Silk UI for example?

4 - Besides this specific error, there is any other error before or after that occurs every time this one also happen? This error seems like to be from the default error page... but the cause to go to this error page may be other.


Cheers and Regards,

RR :)\

Hello RR,

 Thanks  for your reply. Have a nice day!

I have attached the JavaScript also  I am using the Outsystem default theme I don't have any theme module separately for this application.

Yes I have update Silk UI once after upgrading Platform. Other then this no error is risen before for this project recently

Regards,

Kelash Chand

 

errorscript.txt

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kelash,

Looking to this script and going to line 54 which was indicated in the error image from your first post we get:


This don't look to be the error, since it is the function that makes the error.

Accessing the URL that was also indicated in your image: https://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror


Is said that the error might be some JS syntax:


From what you said that this app uses the same theme and you generated it after upgraded, I think it must be something very pontual in your code.


Did you try to debug it and catch the exception?

Try to place the breakpoint in the Start Page of your app to follow it and see where this could be going wrong.

Hello, I'm just posting this here in case anyone end up with the same problem.

I had the exact same thing happening when upgrading from version 10 to 11 on my mobile apps, and after replacing some depreciated components from Outsystems UI and removing others, my problem come to a solve when I removed the MultiLingual component from my solution.

Further research lead me to discover that the problem was on the application ready action, where I was calling the 'Add Translation From Resource', and that was throwing the error... I haven't tried it yet, but there's a new of handling translations: As stated here

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.