Integration of JWT based SSO authentication in OS application

Hi there,

I was architecting an enterprise application where AWS Cognito will be used for user authentication. Simple JWT based authentication will be used here for SSO.

So far I didn't find any ready made forge component to integrate and use JWT based authentication (state less).

I am aware of the typical flow of third party SSO integration in OS (gone through Authentication course). Also aware of OS creates user if necessary and login locally to create the session for the user to stay authenticated.

Below is one of use cases:

1. User hits OS application (Reactive app) first time.
  2. Redirected to Authentication provider (Cognito) login page.
  3. Enter credentials and validate the user by Cognito.
  4. On successful login redirected to the OS landing page.
  5. Pass JWT information on subsequent internal calls (from source OS app to other OS & non-OS applications / services).
  6. Based on expiry of token, source OS application can get renewed token etc.

Can anyone please share some insights if you have any experience with the given scenario OR share your thought? 

Regards,

Abhijit

Hi Abhijit,

Did you check the Auth0 Web Connector component? 

Given your example use case, with the component in question, I believe it answers your requirements except for #6.

Hello Ivo,

Thanks for your reply.

I have not checked this component yet. Let me go through this and try some basic implementations. Will update you here if I face any issues or I may share my observations.

Also I got some idea from these two links.

link1, link2.

Thanks.

- Abhijit

Ivo Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Abhijit,

Did you check the Auth0 Web Connector component? 

Given your example use case, with the component in question, I believe it answers your requirements except for #6.