Views
Comments
How to achieve this same pdf layout for 5 pages?
Question

Hi,

I have a scenario where a user will fill a form with 5 steps to have. In each step, there is some information the user needs to enter and then click “next” go to to the next step. In step 5, after completing the form, it appears a button “PDF” to generate a pdf. The pdf should have 5 pages, each page related to each step and it will have a layout similar to this:

This is for page 5 of the pdf, the other 4 pages will have the same exact structure, same logo, same address and contact, and page breaks. The only difference between the other 4 pages is the title, the content, and page number.

My doubt is about pdf layout in OutSystems using HTML tables. I don’t have experience in pdf layout in OutSystems so I'm a bit without knowing how to start. To build this layout with HTML tables how can I do it? I can have HTML code with CSS inline and put that code in some widget to generate the layout?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Oscar,

You can use this forge component:to convert the web pages into PDF files. So you'll define the layout on the web page.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5641/ultimate-pdf

Or this 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/209/html2pdfconverter

Best regards,

Leandro.

Thanks, do you know if there is some documentation for the ultimate plugin? I'm not understanding how to create the layout using HTML in OutSystems. If there are some widgets for this or if it is necessary to create the layout only writing HTML and inline CSS.

mvp_badge
MVP

Did you downloaded the demo? 

You will create a web page with the layout that you need, so you'll need to pass the URL to this page to the component.

You i'll need to use CSS inline to create a page break.

Thanks, but in the demo, example is to generate a pdf of a website. My doubt is how to properly write html in outsystems which widgets/approach to use to create an html layout using tables like the above layout in the question image.

Just create a new screen exactly the same way as you do for those you show in the screen, then send the "url" from that screen. Some widgets work better then others try to keep this page simple , but tables work fine.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Oscar,

You can create your own screen layout if the default outsystems webscreen template don't works for you.

Just delete de web block Common\LayoutTopMenu.

Or create your own template, take a look at this documentation

Best regards,

Leandro.