Views
Comments
[Html2PdfConverter] [Html2PdfConverter] The file is not a valid PDF document.
Question
Forge component by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
Published on 02 Jun 2020

Sometimes I'm getting this error The file is not a valid PDF document. when trying to generate and download a PDF file, this has happened on several ocasions and sometimes if 2 users are trying to generate a pdf (different files) one gets the error and the other gets the PDF without any issues. 

Is this a known error or is there any solution that I'm might not be seeing?

mvp_badge
MVP

That error usually means the PDF is empty. Note sure what could cause this.

In this case the assign before has the URL and if I check the URL in the browser I get the page that should be in the PDF. 

In addition I'm also getting this error on Service Center

The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

Stack

The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at OutSystems.NssHtmlConvertToPdf.CssHtmlConvertToPdf.MssInternal_GeneratePDF(String ssExecutablePath, String ssURL, String ssProxy, String ssOtherArgs, Boolean ssLowPriority, Int32 ssTimeout, Byte[]& ssPDFBinary, String& ssMessageOutput)

at ssHtmlToPdfConverter.RssExtensionHtmlConvertToPdf.MssInternal_GeneratePDF(HeContext heContext, String inParamExecutablePath, String inParamURL, String inParamProxy, String inParamOtherArgs, Boolean inParamLowPriority, Int32 inParamTimeout, Byte[]& outParamPDFBinary, String& outParamMessageOutput)