Announcing the OutSystems Champions Program!
Discussion

Dear community,

Today marks the official launch of the OutSystems Champions Program! There has been some buzz around the program since NextStep, and I’m excited to fill you in on all the details today..

The Champions program aims to identify, recognize, and reward community leaders that are passionate about OutSystems, and who are continuously motivated to nurturing and growing their ecosystem. The OutSystems community is fortunate to be filled with members that are playing this part on a daily basis and have been inspiring others to do the same - this program is meant to shine a light on all of them.

We are launching this program with 28 phenomenal Champions on board. These Champions have been testing out how to collaborate with OutSystems to grow community programs, as well as inspiring their colleagues and fellow community peers to contribute to the OutSystems ecosystem. They were part of the initial roster of community members that inspired us to build this program from the ground up. However, there are still many more out there that we want to reach!

Kudos to this fantastic group: Afonso Metello, Alexandre Santos, Amit Verma, David Sousa, Edgar Ramos, Gemi Ablaza, Gopinath Reddigari, Hugo Pires, Jeanene Williams, Jessica Gizzarelli, João Almeida, Joey Moree, Nick TkachenkoPankaj Pant, Paulo Fagundes Jr., Pedro Costa, Rajat Agrawal, Ricardo Pereira, Salman Ansari, Sam Long, Samantha McKinley, Stuart Harris, Swatantra Kumar, Tiago Bernardo, Tiago Gafeira, Tushar PanpaliyaVincent Koning and William Vermeulen

Becoming a Champion is a commitment to building and maintaining a meaningful relationship with OutSystems and with the community. This spans through a wide range of contributions - you can lead an OutSystems User Group, deliver technical workshops to university students, participate in community focused feedback groups, create technical content about OutSystems features, participate in a mentoring program to help the community grow, or a combination of such activities.

What is in it for the Champions, you ask? We are giving benefits such as an exclusive communication space for Champions to interact with each other and with OutSystems teams, mentoring and coaching sessions with OutSystems experts, special swag and a unique community badge, discounted certifications, public recognition, and much more!

Applications for the Champions program are open to all community members. Think you have what it takes? Apply now!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to communityteam@outsystems.com or feel free to drop me a message.

I look forward to meeting all of you passionate Champions out there :)

It's again a good opportunity for developers to frame their career a step ahead through this program! Hopefully next time I will part of this program.

mvp_badge
MVP

Thank you so much Outsystems for this new project.
Thanks a lot @Andreia Tulcidás for your contribution towards this.

I'm really looking forward into participating into this program. Thank you @Andreia Tulcidás for this opportunity!.

Really stoked to have this going!!! ?????? Kudos to @Andreia Tulcidás and the rest of the team!

Great Work @Andreia Tulcidás , keep growing #Outsystem

Champion

Great to hear about such a nice initiative, Thanks team.

mvp_badge
MVP

Excellent, and congratulations!

Champion

Now more then ever I'm proud of being part of this great community!
Let's go Champions!

Very nice!!! Cool this initiative to encourage the community.

Congratulations to all involved and to the Champions.

It's an honour of being part of this community. 

Congratulations to all who spend time helping other people in this community.

Thank you very much for sharing this news, @Andreia Tulcidás !

And thanks to all the members of the community who are so welcoming and helpful!

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this news @Andreia Tulcidás  

Congratulations! Good news for community

mvp_badge
MVP

Giving more power to the community ...one more great initiative !

It's amazing to be part of this program, learning with all of our community members and share all with them.

Congratz to all, and thanks to @Andreia Tulcidás for all the effort and support!

mvp_badge
MVP

From what I saw of a few of our champions so far, I think it is a great batch. Go on and make OutSystems even greater.

mvp_badge
MVP

Congratulations to all the champions & again great initiative from Outsystems to encourage more community members to become Outsystems Champion. Thanks, @Andreia Tulcidás for sharing.

Let's do awesome things together and we could not have done this without our true champion @Andreia Tulcidás 

Glad to be part of the Champions program. Thanks, @Andreia Tulcidás and team for the effort in recognizing and rewarding members.

--

Swatantra

mvp_badge
MVP

Congratulations to all Champions!

And congratulations to OutSystems for gaining this amazing group of individuals who will help us grow our ecosystem!

Congratulations everyone and looking forward to seeing many more joining the team.

Great initiative from Outsystems Thanks, @Andreia Tulcidás for sharing 

Thank you @Andreia Tulcidás for sharing the update. Great initiatives from team

Congratulations to all the Champions. @Andreia Tulcidás It's really a great initiative. Proud to be a part of this growing community. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Congratulations to all the OutSystems Champions :)

Truly appreciate the OutSystems team for recognizing such contributing talents.. @Andreia Tulcidás thanks for sharing.

There seems to be a lot of overlap with the mvp program. It feels this is a step-up towards mvp,  or are the 2 programs going to evolve in different directions?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Tim, why do you think there is an overlap?

Because of the 7 possible ways to contribute as a champion, at least 4 of them are also part of the MVP job. (and actually, the mvp page just describes those 4)

mvp_badge
MVP

One of the major differences is that an OutSystems champion has no mandatory metrics to commit. 

I asked you, out of curiosity, I do understand why you question this. I've asked OutSystems to share more information to clarify the overlap/differences between the 2 programs.

I'm only asking out of curiosity as well, Daniël. I'd love to hear how OutSystems sees these 2 programs.

Hey Tim, great question :) Thanks for stepping in, Daniel!

There are a lot of differences between both programs, but the commonalities that you're finding are based on the fact that they are both programs focused on the OutSystems community. This means that types of contributions will indeed complement themselves as we're all striving for the same goals!

Nonetheless, here are the major differences between both programs (that we're hoping to have clarified in the landing page very soon):

1. While the MVPs will remain a restricted, small and exclusive group, the goal for the Champions program is to identify an extended group of community members that will continuously grow
  2. The MVP program is focused on exquisite technical expertise, awarding the title to highly qualified experts in the community. The Champions program is not focused on any specific type of background, as you can see from the very diverse list of current Champions, because different types of contributions they will be focusing on require different skill sets
  3. Like Daniel said, Champions will not have specific targets they need to meet regarding their contributions. On the contrary, MVPs need to guarantee they respect and follow the metrics for contributions to maintain their award
  4. MVPs are under NDAs because they access a lot of privileged information from OutSystems, while no Champion will be under any sort of NDA
  5. MVPs have moderator rights on the online community, whereas Champions will not have such rights

The Champions program started because we wanted to ensure we were recognizing extremely active community members that were going above and beyond everyday to do more, whether for their peers, their fellow community members, and even for OutSystems teams. The goal was never to remove value from the MVPs, but to shine a light on other community members as well.

And finally, the Champions program is not a means to get to the MVP program, and vice-versa. However, there are no limitations on OutSystems' side towards a Champion moving to the MVP program to focus on more technical and product-related activities, or an MVP moving to the Champions program to focus much more on giving back to the community through specific areas (if all eligibility criteria is met, of course).

Hope this answered your question, let me know if there is anything else I can clarify for you!

Thank you Andreia for your clarification. Your explanation makes perfect sense and it makes things very clear.

I liked the explanation of Andreia. But Because it was made in a Reply I am afraid that it is not very visible. 

Hey Alberto, you're totally right! I'll add it to the main thread of the post! Thanks for the heads up :)

To everyone that is wondering what are the differences between the Champions Program and the MVP program (we're working on having all this information available in the landing page very soon, so more people can be aware):

There are a lot of differences between both programs, but the commonalities that you're finding are based on the fact that they are both programs focused on the OutSystems community. This means that types of contributions will indeed complement themselves as we're all striving for the same goals!

Nonetheless, here are the major differences between both programs:

1. While the MVPs will remain a restricted, small and exclusive group, the goal for the Champions program is to identify an extended group of community members that will continuously grow
  2. The MVP program is focused on exquisite technical expertise, awarding the title to highly qualified experts in the community. The Champions program is not focused on any specific type of background, as you can see from the very diverse list of current Champions, because different types of contributions they will be focusing on require different skill sets
  3. Champions will not have specific targets they need to meet regarding their contributions. On the contrary, MVPs need to guarantee they respect and follow the metrics for contributions to maintain their award
  4. MVPs are under NDAs because they access a lot of privileged information from OutSystems, while no Champion will be under any sort of NDA
  5. MVPs have moderator rights on the online community, whereas Champions will not have such rights

The Champions program started because we wanted to ensure we were recognizing extremely active community members that were going above and beyond everyday to do more, whether for their peers, their fellow community members, and even for OutSystems teams. The goal was never to remove value from the MVPs, but to shine a light on other community members as well.

And finally, the Champions program is not a means to get to the MVP program, and vice-versa. However, there are no limitations on OutSystems' side towards a Champion moving to the MVP program to focus on more technical and product-related activities, or an MVP moving to the Champions program to focus much more on giving back to the community through specific areas (if all eligibility criteria is met, of course).

Excellent initiative, great work @Andreia Tulcidás and team and congrats to all Champions, :)

Congratulation to all the champions :) Great work...

Champion

Hey everybody,
I love to be part of this group, I know I haven't been very active on the forums (crazy times, sorry about that).
But I promise if somebody sents me a PM I'll be sure to reply and try to help as best I can!

Alot of props to @Andreia Tulcidás  for making this all happen! She's been great this past year so big shout out to her.

Cheers.

Congrats Champions... And a good initiative by OutSystems to honour community members 

Champion

Hi
What is the major difference between Champion and MVP

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Tom,

This is explained in great detail by Andrea, not in here original post but the second one of her in this discussion.

regards,

Daniem

Hey Tom, thanks for asking :)

Adding the direct link to my post explaining the differences.

Let me know if you need additional clarification!

Champion

Thanks Andreia Tulcidás , for explaining in more detail the difference. Team is doing really great by organizing such type of initiatives. I'm glad to be a part of Outsystems community. 

Congrats Champions and nice explanation for the difference between the two programs @Andreia Tulcidás  

Congratz for all champions!! Thats a amazing oportunity for all programmers to increase they knowledge in the plataform, and be closer of the others users!!

Congrats Champs :)

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks @Andreia Tulcidás !!!

Thanks @Andreia Tulcidás !!!

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks @Andreia Tulcidás !!!

I'm honored to be part of the program.  Thank you for the opportunity, @Andreia Tulcidás 

I'm motivated & honored to be part of this program.  Proud to be a part of phenomenal Champions  group and growing community.  Thank you for the opportunity, @Andreia Tulcidás  

Congratulations Shashikant!!

Congrats Champions and nice explanation for the difference between the two programs.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.