[Data Grid Reactive] Link Column or Button
Forge component by Bruno Martinho
Application Type
Reactive

Congratulations on the work. But I have a question, if I want to put a column with a link or button for example, for me to edit the line even if it is via a popup, can I do it currently?

Solution

Hello to all,

We have just released a new version of the component.

A new column type has been added from your feedback - the action column.

Please, when you have the change update the component, try the new feature and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Clayton,

Sorry for the late reply...

At the moment, this functionality is not available, however seeing that you're not the first one to asking for it, I believe that the team will look into it!

Cheers,

RG

Seconding the need for this! 

We are building a grid with an "edit" column (an ellipsis popover menu with options to open a form, delete etc.) I believe that falls within the same functionality as Clayton is asking for, which is not currently available?

Thanks!

Kristi

Hello Kristi.

We can be talking about two different cases here:

One would be to have a link column where we render a link with a text and then has an hyperlink that opens a link in another tab (this can be done to see details for example)

Other would be to have a column that will allow to perform an action (we are currently trying to design a solution for this).

For what I understand, your requirement is to be able, for a single row, allow an end user to perform action on that row: delete, open a form, a popup...

If what I'm saying is correct, do you see this to be mandatory to be a like an ellipsis or could it be possible to add these desired actions in the context menu, the one you get when you right click on a row?

Please let us know your thought on this, and help us design this feature.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your response! I think the functionality we'd like to see is more aligned with the second case, where the user can perform an action on that row. It doesn't necessarily need to be an ellipsis - having those options in the context menu could work! It would be good to be able to customize what those options are, what actions they are tied to, and have access to the data in the row clicked (for instance, to pass an id to a a detail screen).

We have a good opportunity to utilize this grid in a project right now, however the inability to perform actions on a row will likely hold us back. Would love to see this implemented in an upcoming version! 

Thanks for all the great work,

Kristi

Hello,

Currently the context menu isn't configurable, but we are working on a solution that allows developers to control what appears in the context menu and create custom menu items for that menu.

Can you please help letting us know if you for your use case, there is a need to control what options are visible or enabled depending on the row content? Or all rows will have those same options, at least for now?

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hi Bruno,

For our current use case no, there isn't a need to modify option visibility depending on row content. Every row would have menu with options to edit, duplicate, or delete using the id of the row record. Those options would be tied to an action, or navigate to a different screen. Hope this answers your question!

Kristi

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, it is really helpful.

We are currently working on solution that will allow almost all the use cases that you mentioned.

I have a question because we haven't covered the use case for duplication, yet. What is the goal here, to create another row that as the exact same information than the source row? Could, for now, a create blank row and then copy a row and then paste the entire row work for you?

Thanks,

Bruno 

Hi Bruno,

That's correct - our use case for duplication is to create another row with identical information. The ability to add a blank row could be useful, and duplication is probably not a terribly common use case. But if there was the ability to generate an action off a row that we could define ourselves, we could build the logic we need (including duplication).

Hope this answers your question!

Kristi 

Hello Kristi,

We are currently working in a new column type to allow links and actions and also a way to create custom actions in the context menu.

Our goal is to do a stable release in mid February. It is not confirmed but we would like to have a preview version marked as "Under development" before that release.

Regarding the duplicate, we will add this to our feature backlog, it seems to be an important use case that the component should cover.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hello

Thank you for the additional information on the buttons and links. We're currently looking to use this data grid throughout our entire application but we'd have to know a bit of a timing by when this would be done.

Could anyone from the devteam please be so kind to give us an estimate or expected time of this functionality?

Thanks for all your help!

Pieter-Jan

Hello Pieter-Jan,

We are currently working in a new column type to allow links and actions.

Our goal is to do a stable release in mid February. It is not confirmed but we would like to have a preview version marked as "Under development" before that release.

Hope this is aligned with your project timeline.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Dear OutSystems devteam,

We also is planning to use this "Forge:Data Grid Reactive" on our developing applications. We are very glad to whisper your plan (approximate release schedule ...) if possible. :)

Warn regards,
Senya Mizuta

Dear Senya  Mizuta,

We are currently working in features like: 

• column group
  • freeze column
  • add/remove rows
  • customize context menu
  • new column type to allow links and actions

We also plan to have some insights on the future features to develop on the component documentation. 

Please explore the component and give us feedback on necessary features and use cases.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Dear Bruno-san,
Thanks for sharing your development plan,

We keep looking at this forge release status and consider to include in our development application.
Warm regards,
Senya Mizuta

Solution

Hello to all,

We have just released a new version of the component.

A new column type has been added from your feedback - the action column.

Please, when you have the change update the component, try the new feature and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.