Views
Comments
Solved
Cost of scaling database and it's storage or front-end servers?
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive, Service

Not sure if this fits into this context but I am considering OutSystems for a SaaS platform I am building and wanted to know more on the cost which I couldn't;t easily find on the website.

It is mentioned that 100GB of database storage and 8GB with 2 VC for each DB server will be provided in the standard version. What if I exceed the limit of 100GB or need more than 8GB and 2 cores? What will be the cost model for this? Same for front-end servers?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Naveen,

You should contact Outsystems Sales team to get whatever pricing details you need .

Regards,

-PJ-

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Naveen,

If you are on the old license model, you need to contact OutSystems Sales team to give you an offer, additional GB or FE will cost extra money.

If you are on the new license structure than it is defined on https://www.outsystems.com/pricing-and-editions/ in the FAQ:

Resources are scaled up based on the number of paid users in your license.

Thanks for responding. I am yet to buy a license.  So does it translate into "if I have under 1000 users as per the new model and my DB grows more than 100GB size then OutSystems will take care of it? By any chance would you be able to tell if there any upper limit for data to grow?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Naveen,

I agree that the current license model is not clear on the subject of disk space. For that you need to contact your OutSystems Sales representative. What I understand is that there is some kind of fair use policy, which for FE makes sense, but for disk space probably less.

Regards,

Daniel

Champion

We currently have 550gb provisioned for our prod database server with option to go up basically as high as we need, db server is a "Class 3" giving I think 16gb 4 core on the DB side, our Front end servers are also class 3 servers so there isn't any restrictions in how much you can scale. Cost will depend on your license model so you will need to contact you Outsystems sales rep for that.