Views
Comments
Solved
Analytics for Reactive apps
Application Type
Reactive

Hi all,

As Outsystems suggests in the following link (https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Monitor_and_Troubleshoot/Enable_Analytics_for_an_Environment), to monitor Reactive and Mobile apps we should use external apps.

My question is, will be an option in the future to monitor Reactive and Mobile apps in Lifetime as we can do right now for Traditional apps? I mean, is planned in a near future to develop Analytics for Reactive and Mobile apps in Lifetime?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

David Novoa.

Staff
Solution

Hi David, 

since you've asked a very straightforward question, I'll give you a very straightforward answer too :)

"(...) is planned in a near future to develop Analytics for Reactive and Mobile apps in Lifetime?"

The answer to this is no; it's not on our plans to add Reactive and Mobile applications to Lifetime Analytics.

However, we do have a clear vision around the monitoring topic, and our teams are actively researching around:

• instrumentation of client-side for mobile and reactive apps, so that all relevant information is available in the platform logs;
  • greatly simplify the experience around the monitoring task in OutSystems, regardless of the application type;
  • extend the out of the box abilities, in open and standard formats, for simple integration with external tools;

We are investing, during next year, to make these items a reality.
Cheers!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi David,

I think it's being developed for Reactive also, but I'll ask around to see if someone knows for sure.

Staff
Solution

Hi David, 

since you've asked a very straightforward question, I'll give you a very straightforward answer too :)

"(...) is planned in a near future to develop Analytics for Reactive and Mobile apps in Lifetime?"

The answer to this is no; it's not on our plans to add Reactive and Mobile applications to Lifetime Analytics.

However, we do have a clear vision around the monitoring topic, and our teams are actively researching around:

• instrumentation of client-side for mobile and reactive apps, so that all relevant information is available in the platform logs;
  • greatly simplify the experience around the monitoring task in OutSystems, regardless of the application type;
  • extend the out of the box abilities, in open and standard formats, for simple integration with external tools;

We are investing, during next year, to make these items a reality.
Cheers!