Debugger not working in Client Actions
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.10.3 (Build 36711)
Platform Version
11.10.0 (Build 22422)

Hi All,

Im getting a problem when I try to debug my mobile app, it seems that are two different versions between public and personal area, what is estranged because I can't publish in the personal area. What happend is that all breakpoints in the client actions are not working and only in the Server Actions.

That happen only when I'm debugging with USB/Android connected, So with Chrome debugg mode works fine.

Any idea why this strange behavior?

MicrosoftTeamsimage2.png

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi all,

The latest version 11.10.6 of Service Studio has the bug fixed!

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hello everyone,

My client got a response from the Outsystems support team about this case and is now resolved with the steps below:


OutSystems Support Team

We were analyzing recent reports of the behavior reported in point 1 and that seems to be related to a change introduced in Service Studio 11.10.1. This is currently under investigation and we would like to politely ask you attempt the following workaround to unlock the situation:

1.    Download Service Studio 11.10.0 and install it 

2.    Open the Service Studio Preferences and Disable the Auto-Update:

3.    Test again the behavior 

Thanks for helping.

Cheers

Hi,

That never happened to me, but I found at least two topic similar to yours (the first one seems more similar). Maybe you can take a look and see if they can help you:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32953/mobile-debugging-android-ios-not-working/

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32377/debugger-is-not-working/


Hope this can help you.


Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for answering me, but I have already seen these two links and although they have the same topic the behavior in my case is a little different and strange, I would say it is an environment bug or platform, but we never know everything so I decided to post here to check if someone else went through the same situation.

As I mentioned, I debug the server's actions with my USB connected Android, but the breakpoints added to the client's actions are not detected during debugging.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Alan,

Are the server actions in the same module as the client actions?


Hey Daniel,

Yes indeed, they are all in the same module, in the meantime we reported to OutSystems to check if it's a intern bug. Thanks for helping.

Cheers

Champion

Hi Alan,

You can take a look at the below documentation which is showing how to troubleshoot debugger connection issues:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications/Troubleshoot_Debugger_Connection_Issues

Hope this will help, Thanks :)

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for replying, unfortunately no scenario in this link applies to my case, but thank you anyway.

Regards

Solution

Hello everyone,

My client got a response from the Outsystems support team about this case and is now resolved with the steps below:


OutSystems Support Team

We were analyzing recent reports of the behavior reported in point 1 and that seems to be related to a change introduced in Service Studio 11.10.1. This is currently under investigation and we would like to politely ask you attempt the following workaround to unlock the situation:

1.    Download Service Studio 11.10.0 and install it 

2.    Open the Service Studio Preferences and Disable the Auto-Update:

3.    Test again the behavior 

Thanks for helping.

Cheers

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi all,

The latest version 11.10.6 of Service Studio has the bug fixed!

Regards,

Daniel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.