[Touch ID Plugin] Android Face ID documentation
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

Hi!

As I have seen that The Touch ID plugin is now supporting Face ID for Android. Is there any documentation that shows how to determine whether the user uses Touch or Face ID on their Android device? Tested this plugin on an Android device that contains Fingerprint authentication only. However, when checking the functionality on a device that uses Face and Touch IDs, it is not recognizing the Face ID of the user. Can anyone show/help me how to use the Face ID for Android and Do I need to create a separate new client action?

You just need to make sure to setup your android biometrics settings.

And then it’s pretty straightforward 

Example:

Functional module with Face and Fingerprint authentication

CameraPluginDemo.oml

Thanks Cesar! This helped me a lot. :)

I have the same issue.

I have an Android device with only faceid authentication and when i try the plugin it returns "no biometrics type found".

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I am facing the same issue as described above. While the plugin says to support faceId on Android, I can't find a way to use this function. When I open the TouchId plugin, I can't find a way to get the FaceId to work. Does anyone have a solution? 

Kind regards,

Tyler

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.