Views
Comments
Solved
[Data Grid Reactive] Missing JS Resource causes 404 error and subsequent render failure
Forge component by Bruno Martinho
Published on 24 Feb 2021
Application Type
Reactive

When trying to load the Data Grid Reactive element on a page, there is a 404 error thrown. This particular error makes it so that data fetches on that page in a Reactive environment cannot fire.

The error happens when the grid is loading and trying to locate the Culture JS at the following location:

DataGridLanguageResources/wijmo.culture.en-US.min.js

Which doesn't exist. The closest one that exists is:

DataGridLanguageResources/wijmo.culture.en.min.js

The code needs to be updated to reflect the proper file (if this isn't the correct file)

Staff
Solution

Hello @Jordan Ashton 

A new version has been released - version 2.0.8

The problem that you have reported in not happening anymore, but please, after updating to this version, please rename again the resource file to the old name.

Please let me know if this worked for you,

Bruno Martinho.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi @Jordan Ashton,

Thank you for bring this to our attention. The team will check what might be causing this (it's a bit beyond the obvious problem that a language file is missing)!

The team will keep you posted.

Cheers,

RG

mvp_badge
MVP

When trying to load the Data Grid Reactive element on a page, there is a 404 error thrown. This particular error makes it so that data fetches on that page in a Reactive environment cannot fire.

Indeed there's a 404, error, however I see no side-effect of it. Can you help me understand what problem is this 404 causing in your application? 

(btw, as a fallback if a language resource it's not found it defaults to DataGridLanguageResources/wijmo.culture.en.min.js )

Waiting for your reply.

@Ruben Goncalves In our application, this 404 error was making it so that no data fetches on the screen and any web blocks on the screen would run. Once we internally resolved the 404 error by renaming the file, the issue went away.

Staff

Hello @Jordan Ashton 

We are planning on releasing an hotfix to solve this problem.

We will let you know as soon as it is out, because when you update to that version, the file should be renamed again to wijmo.culture.en.min.js

Are you ok with this plan? There is no other option for us to fix the problem without breaking your workaround.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Bruno Martinho

Staff
Solution

Hello @Jordan Ashton 

A new version has been released - version 2.0.8

The problem that you have reported in not happening anymore, but please, after updating to this version, please rename again the resource file to the old name.

Please let me know if this worked for you,

Bruno Martinho.