Upload widget doesn't work for large files - Reactive web application
Question

Hi,

We are developing an enterprise application using reactive. I'm facing issue when I try to upload a large .zip file ( 2GB and greater). I used default upload widget, available forge components ( like Reactive Multiple File Upload and others). The issue is on all.

When I click on the upload widget and select the .zip file, on Chrome the screen becomes unresponsive and on Edge nothing happens (no upload). 

On selecting the file, I don't get the binary data or any reference to the selected file. Sending/uploading to server comes next. If I get the selected binary data then I can go ahead with split method or any other.

So the issue is the widget returns nothing for the selected large file (in my case 2GB and above).

Has anyone faced similar issue with large file? Is there any alternative to over come this issue as we have scenarios where the users upload large files in production.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Mamatha,

Did you search the forum first before posting your problem?

You would have found multiple discussion and solutions to the problem like ion this one 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/55297/large-file-upload-errors-after-10-seconds-with-react-web/

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thank you for quick response.

My issue is different than the link or the ones I searched in the forum.

On selecting the file, I don't get the binary data or any reference to the selected file. Sending/uploading to server comes next. If I get the selected binary data then I can go ahead with split method or any other.

So the issue is the widget returns nothing for the selected large file (in my case 2GB and above).

I have edited my question so the issue is more clear.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Mamatha,

I did some testing, and notice even with files lot lesser than 2Gb in size the binary data returned from the upload wizard is 0, whereas if I select smaller sized files to upload the binary data attribute is correctly set.

I will report this to OutSystems to look at.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you Daniel! That will really help.

We have production release next month, early April. I hope OutSystems provides solution for this issue by then.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Mamatha,

I got an answer from OutSystems, the limitation is actually documented and upload file sizes up to only 250mb are currently supported. For more information see:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Upload

Don't expect a quick solution for the current limitations.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you Daniel for following up with OutSystems. I will start looking what can be done for my scenarios, as the file is .zip file in my case.

Hi Mamatha Kalaiah

Outsystems already knows about this limitation, because in one of my projects where were I worked we need to upload 6GB files or more, so they are working on it.

I really don't know the maximum size by file, in my case, the solution was to split the file into several files till a max size to upload.

Another way in the discussion, but I don't know if works, because I changed of project, was put the file in a folder and create a timer where he goes read that folder and then uploads asynchronously the file, like during the night when the server has more resources available.

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

mvp_badge
MVP

As an alternative have a look at:

https://www.outsystems.com/blog/posts/consuming-multipart-form-data-rest-method/

or consider external services like S3 Storage.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.