Help connecting the logic to the interface
Application Type
Reactive

My server is sending some data to the outsystems exposed API.  I would like to create a popup in the interface which appears every time I receive the data but I am unable to drag the exposed API to the client action on the main flow. Can I get some pointers on how to display the data I receive using the exposed API? Thank you.

Linda,

You are exposing a webservice, which will allow external systems to send info to your application. Inside the code of the exposed action/function, you'll need to store the information in your OutSystems database, or launch some notification system (or both) depending on your needs.

The most simple solution is that you store the info in a database table and have a screen or a webblock inside your application that shows "unhandled records" from that table. In this easy setup, the latest information will only be visible if the user refreshes the screen. (or you force the screen to auto-refresh at a certain interval)

If you really need to actively "push" a notification to the user, you'll have to integrate a push notification provider, or work with webhooks or something similar. 

Does 1 of these solutions match your requirements?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Unfortunately the first solution isn't feasible as the update interval ranges from seconds to hours. So I'll have to explore how to integrate a push notification provider or webhooks into my application. 

Hi Linda,

May be there is some mismatch but you can get the data only when you are consuming the API in your application, OutSystems allow user to drag drop API action method which are being consumed not while exposing.

Or could you please more elaborate your requirement?

Linda,

You are exposing a webservice, which will allow external systems to send info to your application. Inside the code of the exposed action/function, you'll need to store the information in your OutSystems database, or launch some notification system (or both) depending on your needs.

The most simple solution is that you store the info in a database table and have a screen or a webblock inside your application that shows "unhandled records" from that table. In this easy setup, the latest information will only be visible if the user refreshes the screen. (or you force the screen to auto-refresh at a certain interval)

If you really need to actively "push" a notification to the user, you'll have to integrate a push notification provider, or work with webhooks or something similar. 

Does 1 of these solutions match your requirements?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Unfortunately the first solution isn't feasible as the update interval ranges from seconds to hours. So I'll have to explore how to integrate a push notification provider or webhooks into my application. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.