[(Unofficial) OutSystems Forge API Example] How can I edit the Source data base User entity password field.
Forge component by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.15 (Build 40206)
Platform Version
11.11.2 (Build 28863)

How can I edit the Source data base User entity password field.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

I am glad, I could help!

Please always mark the comment as answer if it help you solve your problem, so that others having same problem can get benefit from your post.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Utkalika,

PFA attached sample for your reference.

Basically you have to use EncryptPassword action from Users modules to encrypt the password and assign this encrypted password to your user record before updating it in the user entity.

UserDemo.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Utkalika,

Please elaborate your question a little more. Looks like what you are asking is not related to the forge component you have selected in your post.

suppose in a application admin will assign two roles that is student and libreian role. My question to you is that how can I give them role in application itself without going to Users page. where the librerian and  student data will be stored.(I have a solution like we know all registred user should present in System>User Entity ,so if we can edit the password feild through form then only we can add a new user and that registred user can access the application , but here ia m unable to enter new data for password field of User Entity

)

mvp_badge
MVP

ok, that fine admin can assign role to user. Now what do you want to do

If you want to know how to change a user's password then check this post

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/37611/how-to-update-user-password/

If you want to know how to assign role to the users then follow this documentation

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/User_Roles/Create_and_Use_Roles

I want to change user password.that means from my self created form I will enter data and then it will be stored in user table.but i am unable to do it though your provided link.please,elaborate how can I add data from form to User table and the password field data must be entered in the encrypted form...please elaborate

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Utkalika,

PFA attached sample for your reference.

Basically you have to use EncryptPassword action from Users modules to encrypt the password and assign this encrypted password to your user record before updating it in the user entity.

UserDemo.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

I am glad, I could help!

Please always mark the comment as answer if it help you solve your problem, so that others having same problem can get benefit from your post.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.