[MonitorProbe] Is a service account setting mandatory?
Forge component by Urbano Freitas

Hello team, 

In the documentation section, it suggests to create a 'service account'. I was asked a question about this from our partner.

With the current personal environment (free edition), we cannot use a Lifetime console. So, is it impossible to use MonitorProbe with the personal environment? That is, is the setting of the service account mandatory? or are there any workaround to try MonitorProbe with PE?

Solution

Hi all,

The new version of MonitorProbe (published a few minutes ago) has the possibility to disable any authentication. Just set the value as None.

@Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki the service account is only needed if you intend to check the permissions of the user set in LifeTime (user needed for basic authentication). This check is done through the LifeTimeAPI that requires the service account.

If you don't want to check the permissions there a site property called EnforceLifetimeAccessControl that can be set to "False" in order to disable the check permissions.

I hope this information helps to clarify any doubt about this subject.

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Well, you could opt for the way to remove temporarily the OnAuthentication of the exposing webservices.

I am curious why you are not able to test in on the actual dev environment?

@Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki 

In the current version it's not possible to test without any authentication. But we will release in the next days a way to change the authentication throughout a Site Property.

This should help, even to use in Personals.

Solution

Hi all,

The new version of MonitorProbe (published a few minutes ago) has the possibility to disable any authentication. Just set the value as None.

@Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki the service account is only needed if you intend to check the permissions of the user set in LifeTime (user needed for basic authentication). This check is done through the LifeTimeAPI that requires the service account.

If you don't want to check the permissions there a site property called EnforceLifetimeAccessControl that can be set to "False" in order to disable the check permissions.

I hope this information helps to clarify any doubt about this subject.

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP

Well, that is a fast fix :)

Thank you!

Hi all, thank you for your comments. @Bruno Gomes @Urbano Freitas, thank you for taking care of this! Good to know we can select the authentication type now. It’s also nice that the document is up to date.

It appears our partners/customers sometimes want to try MonitorProbe with their PE before really installing it to their corporate environment. That's why I posted the question. Thanks!

We do our best ;)

@Tsuyoshi Kawarasaki and @J. if you can, whenever there is feedback from your side, customers and partners, let us know.

Thanks.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.