[OutSystems Maps] More examples please!
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

I tried to use the Outsystems Maps component because it is Supported by Outsystems. Got the basics OK but then want to change the pins. Failed miserably despite exploring very limited Outsystems documentation and Google's documentation (I'm no javascript expert).

Looking for help I found another question on this component suggesting that "Google Maps Mobile Samples" should be looked at. This was very helpful and I've used it for my App. However, it doesn't use the Outsystems Maps component at all and instead implements its own component "GoogleMapsMobileCustom". 

So, I'm sorted but I'm not using the Supported Component, all for the sake of a few good working examples - much like what "Google Maps Mobile Samples" demonstrates. Any chance that you could create the equivalent of "Google Maps Mobile Samples" for this component?

Solution

Hello @Tim Bates,

We have a new release in from the OutSystems Maps with a new Sample Application.

You can check in the Try Now or following this link.

Hello @Tim Bates 

We are working in creating samples for Maps, very much like we have in Reactive Data Grid.

Can you please take a look and tell us if this structures that we currently have is what you would be expecting, but for the OutSystems Maps component?

Thanks,

Yes, that looks good. Look forward to it being ready.

Solution

Hello @Tim Bates,

We have a new release in from the OutSystems Maps with a new Sample Application.

You can check in the Try Now or following this link.

Yes, it's a good component, but for example, I tried to set a direction between 2 markers, and it's not possible, just with the GoogleMapsMobile component.

One solution for the pins is using the advanced options on markers and set the icon and if you want a label inside the pin/marker you can use the property label.

"{label: {text: "labelInsidePin", color: 'white' }}"

And I have seen something and I don't know if I can use it with the GoogleMapsMobile, is scale the size of the marker, wherewith the OutSystemsMaps you have that option.

Still working on this, lets see what I found and which solutions I can find.

PS: I think I will choose to use the OutSystemsMaps because it's supported, but how can I create directions between 2 markers. When I say direction, imagine my location until another location.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi @Marcio Carvalho,

Thank you for questions.

The team is actively working in adding more features to this component. And directions is one those basic feature that will be added. I cannot precise you a date, but I believe that this feature will be available in the next release! :)

Allow me also to suggest you the following: For the future, if your question is not related with the topic, to please "Post a new Question":

• This will help the team to follow up with you more focused and 
  • This will help the community member to get answers to the same question that you have, easily, by simply referencing this thread. :)

Cheers,

RG

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.